BPL Community Profile

Brian Johns (bcutlerj) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale NorCal
About Me Brian Johns has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Francisco
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brian Johns

Showing 151 - 160 of 685 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...69

Forum » Thread

2014 Rain Shell Advice (SOTM maybe?)
Disclaimer: Yeah yeah forum police, use the search function, yada, yada, yada ... well don't reply if you are sure it's already been said on here and I should look elsewhere. Anyway, ...

In GEAR » 2014 Rain Shell Advice (SOTM maybe?)
January 04, 6:24pm

Houdini vs. Alpine Houdini
These look totally different. On the patty site, they have the Alpine Houdini at 6.6 oz. and $200, the traditional Houdini is still listed at $99 and 4.0 oz. Seems like a confusing naming convent...

In GEAR » Alpine Houdini
January 03, 2:34pm

Tasco Monocular
My family had several of these for day hikes, the zoo, etc. I think there was a higher end model like Bushnell or Bausch & Lomb. That said, there is a knock-off of the Tasco Dale put up above...

In GEAR » UL binoculars
January 03, 1:40pm

Tarp or Mid Shelter Maybe?
Why not find a used mid or a large flat tarp to fit the both of you? If she's a heavy sleeper, she won't mind. Not to mention, for winter, I'd think the Mid-style shelter would do bet...

In GEAR » 1P tent for 2P? Anyone doing it?
January 02, 4:18pm

Skyscape X Spreader Bar Sleeve
Great looking and creative solution. I had a Skyscape Trekker, and I found that it was easiest to always leave the bar in. It rolled up and packed the same and made for slightly faster set up and...

In GEAR » Skyskape X cross bar sleeve
January 02, 4:15pm

Great list.
Nice thing about day trips is it's not so tough to add in luxury items or weight. You're not carrying two or five days of food and/or water. I might suggest, though, however convenient, I w...

In Gear Lists » Day hiking list
January 01, 1:07pm

eBay is your friend
I have used eBay for the last five years or so to score several NIB/NOS made in Finland Sylva brand compasses, usually for about $5. Personally, I prefer the light, simple no frills starter/bases m...

In GEAR » Best baseplate compass
January 01, 12:57pm

Useless
This list is just about as useless as me sitting at my desk on NYE. Like a tree falling in the woods, who even cares if it happened. Maybe next year someone will put the Sawyer Mini or something ...

In Editor's Roundtable » 2013 Staff Picks
December 31, 12:11pm

Check out MLD
It's. It used but only $30 and it looks like a winner. I think it's 2 oz

In Gear Swap » WTB: a pillow
December 29, 12:26pm

Chains in Sierras
For most trips, just carry, and know how to use, chains; but you won't need. For Yosemite. You MUST have chains in the winter - as of 2008 this included 4WD/AWD vehicles. I digress, but one of ...

In GEAR » 2wd front wheel drive car in the sierra nevadas...
December 27, 1:11am

All Reader Reviews by Brian Johns

Brian Johns has posted no reviews.