BPL Community Profile

Ben Crowell (bcrowell) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Ben Crowell has not added a biography yet.
CityFullerton
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben Crowell

Showing 151 - 160 of 329 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...33

Forum » Thread

out of time
Thanks, all, for the ideas, and thanks especially to Ken for his extremely kind offer to do some sewing for me! Unfortunately I'm running out of time before leaving for the JMT tomorrow morn...

In GEAR » multi-use ditty-bag/daypack?
July 11, 3:34pm

much, much smaller!
Thanks, all, for the suggestions, but what I'm looking for is something much, much smaller than what has been suggested. All I need is about 2 liters, which is about 100 in3. I would think that...

July 11, 7:08am

length?
Hi, It's a little hard to know what to suggest without knowing info like how many miles you like to hike per day. If you're having trouble getting a wilderness permit, usually the bes...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » backpacking trip suggetstions around bay area?
July 11, 6:52am

Re: Re: Re: Re: vegetarian, no-cook protein?
@Sarah: Cool! It's really that easy!? Who knew? :-) I'll definitely give it a shot.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » DIY protein bars? vegetarian, no-cook protein?
July 10, 7:41pm

smaller
Hi, Gary and Robert, Thanks for the suggestions! But I don't think I need anything anywhere near that size. I think 2 liters rather than 20 would be more like it. Maybe I should just go w...

July 10, 5:22pm

Re: Re: vegetarian, no-cook protein?
"On the lentils....you can also drain canned ones and dry them - works well." Does this require buying a dehydrator?

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » DIY protein bars? vegetarian, no-cook protein?
July 10, 3:46pm

multi-use ditty-bag/daypack?
Has anyone got a good UL system figured out for short side-trips on an UL backpacking trip? With my current gear list, my best option seems to be: 1) Take the sleeping bag out of its stuff sack ...

July 10, 3:20pm

Re: TP
Hi, Mike, If you want to evangelize against toilet paper, your effectiveness is going to be limited by the fact that the article is behind a paywall, but it's your choice, of course. Googlin...

In Gear Lists » First timer would like some comments
July 10, 3:09pm

Re: Re: DIY protein bars? vegetarian, no-cook protein?
Sarah wrote: "you know that precooked and dehydrated lentils rehydrate with cool water?" Aha! No, I didn't know that! Thanks! I found this online: http://www.packitgourmet.com/Len...

July 10, 11:21am

Re: Re: Permethrin Data - Safety and Skin Applications
Benjamin Tang wrote: "the reason you don't want to apply to skin directly is NOT because of any danger to you, but because of ineffectiveness!" Hmmm...here's a fact sheet: htt...

In Philosophy & Technique » Diluting Deet?
July 10, 11:12am

All Reader Reviews by Ben Crowell

Ben Crowell has posted no reviews.