BPL Community Profile

Don Selesky (backslacker) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Don Selesky hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Don Selesky has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Don Selesky

Showing 151 - 160 of 276 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...28

Forum » Thread

Re: bug netting
"i'm vascillating on the bug netting. i only need it from mid-May to mid-Sept here. i think it would be nice if i had a bug net coccoon to slip over it, and then i would be in total open a...

In GEAR » I want to try out hammocking....
July 16, 6:50pm

Re: I want to try out hammocking....
"without dropping major cash on a hammock for myself and my son. Are these hammocks any good?" Haven't seen that particular hammock, but my first question is whether you'd need...

In GEAR » I want to try out hammocking....
July 16, 1:40pm

Re: Re: Re: Is non-waterproof footwear really better?
""All in all, GTX causes more problems than it solves." Agreed nick. What do you do when you come across water deeper than your goretex? Now you're tiptoeing around, changi...

In GEAR » Is non-waterproof footwear really better?
July 16, 1:35pm

Re: down issues
"However, it is somewhat trickier to protect a down bag from internal moisture due to wet clothing or perspiration/respiration. This can be an issue in areas where the temperature never rises ...

In GEAR » Wet Down vs. Synthetic Fill
July 13, 7:31am

Re: RE: "Map software and GPS advice needed"
"Hey guys, I must've gotten a lemon. I had a PN-40 and it just quit on me on the 29th day of using it. I mean it just died and I couldn't revive it, so I returned it to REI." ...

In GEAR » Map software and GPS advice needed
June 08, 6:38am

Re: PANTS??
I've had very good luck with MontBell's soft shell pants. I use the lighter version for three season hiking and the heavier ones in the winter. If you want something on your legs that, ...

In GEAR » PANTS??
May 23, 6:53am

Re: Looking for a good 30 F ultralight bag
I've taken the previous UL Super Stretch 30F bag down to 12F, using the BPL Cocoon parka and pants. Can't comment on the new spiral stretch system, but the old super stretch system worked ...

In GEAR » Looking for a good 30 F ultralight bag
May 15, 6:49am

Re: more caveats and such
"I am kinda stubborn." Your choice. "I like the idea of the GoPro HD Hero for whitewater shots, head mounted... I appreciate the input all, thanks." If you want headm...

In GEAR » recommend a camcorder?
April 21, 12:41pm

try a digital camera
One thing you might consider is getting a still camera that takes videos, rather than a straight "video camera." Most of the new digital cameras have some kind of video capability. I...

In GEAR » recommend a camcorder?
April 21, 6:51am

Re: Take me down to zero
I'd take a look at Eddie Bauer's First Ascent Peak XV down jacket (parka, actually). It's warm, with 850 fill power down, and with a DWR nylon outer shell. It should be good to at lea...

In GEAR » Take me down to zero
March 31, 4:44am

All Reader Reviews by Don Selesky

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Super Stretch Down Hugger #3
I've had my 30F #3 bag down to 12F on a winter camping trip, wearing a mid-weight synthetic parka and pants, under a tarp and bivy combination. I was comfortable up to the 12F temps, although I w...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
May 04, 2:45am

Big Sky International
I ordered a tent about mid-December of last year also, and would be stunned at this point if it ever showed up. I suspect that you'll never get a refund simply because Big Sky doesn't have it - the f...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 05, 2:02pm