BPL Community Profile

Christopher Holden (back2basics) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Southeast USA
About Me Christopher Holden has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Christopher Holden

Showing 151 - 160 of 444 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...45

Forum » Thread

Re: hunter
"I see no moral difference between fishing and hunting. If my dad was a hunter I probably would be to. Instead we fished. So it goes." Kurt Vonnegut would be proud.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bear Hunter Shoots Hiker in Washington State
August 20, 4:47am

Re: hunter
Nia, I agree completely. The onus is upon the hunter to use the weapon responsibly. But... I also agree with Richard. It's not a requirement, but making those calls gives you a better idea of ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bear Hunter Shoots Hiker in Washington State
August 19, 8:23pm

Re: MSR Dragonfly
Are the other multifuel stoves as loud as the Dragonfly? I really liked the simmer, but peace of the backcountry is easily violated by the sound of the jet engine, aka Dragonfly. The Simmerlite is ...

In GEAR » Camping fuel in Tajikistan
August 18, 9:37pm

Re: Extra Water Carrier
I've already found that my 10L MSR dromedary bag and 2 carabiners works just as well. Not sure how much your Jansport bag weighs, so I don't know if its as light as yours, but mine holds mo...

In Multiple Use Gear » Extra Water Carrier
August 17, 3:02pm

Re Aid
I was not aware of its existence either until recently. It's e-version is available through Zinio Reader, the same that BPL runs its digital publication through.

In Chaff » Does anyone actually think that industrial civilization is sustainable?
August 17, 5:34am

Re: you'll be fine
Are you going to share your big bore philosophy in every thread that includes the word "bear" today? I've been sleeping outdoors for almost 30 years. The only time I ever wished I had...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Do animals see bivy bags as burritos?
August 16, 7:13am

Re: Trowel - which one?
Thom, That trowel/spork combo you mention isn't far from another BPL'er comment. I wish I could recall who, but someone was talking about using the cookpot for a urine containment device i...

In GEAR » Trowel - which one?
August 15, 1:56pm

Re: ULA Conduit
Ben, They're not necessarily out of stock. That was done to prevent orders during the time they are closed (until Dec 1 for owner vacation). If you want to buy one, check out one of their deal...

In Gear Swap » WTB: ULA Conduit
August 15, 6:32am

Re: Pocket Weather Station
"...I like geek toys ... wanna talk about my pocket weather station?" As a matter of fact, I do! Are you selfish and keeping it all to yourself or are you sharing it via APRS? If not, ...

In GEAR » GPS
August 14, 4:41pm

Re: Coconut Cream Powder
Chaokoh it is! "Coconut milk powder"... Slightly less fat at 19g per 30g serving. Powder will be soooo much less mess and smell than my goopy cream in a cardboard box. I never even knew i...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Carrot Cake Oatmeal - Something a little different
August 14, 4:15pm

All Reader Reviews by Christopher Holden

Christopher Holden has posted no reviews.