BPL Community Profile

Aaron Sorensen (awsorensen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South of Forester Pass
About Me Turning my hobby obsession into a part time job and maybe full time job.

I will be selling children's sleeping bags soon.
Stay tuned for updates.
CityBay Area
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 151 - 160 of 1278 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...128

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: anybody break a bd ultra distance pole
When you pull the pole snap out there is a pushpin that holds it out. One of mine was not finished well enough in the carbon area just below the snap and shards of carbon came off while taking the...

In GEAR » anybody break a bd ultra distance pole
February 14, 11:12am

Tri-fuel Titanium Wind Screen
I've always wanted a wind screen that could work with esbit, alcohol and wood. My Toaks 900 is a big enough platform to burn wood for a personal fire to keep warm. I may be a SUL junkie b...

In Make Your Own Gear » Tri-fuel Titanium Wind Screen
February 12, 9:25pm

Re: 750 vs 800 vs 850
A lesser lofting down is just that. Why should there be any difference in fill? It's more a weight issue in price than durability.

In GEAR » 750 vs 800 vs 850
February 12, 5:43pm

Re: Re: Vaseline-soaked Cotton Balls
Doug, What they really need is drop downs for different backpacking items. You select "Backpack" It takes you to each type of backpack that has been discussed. You select that nam...

In Editor's Roundtable » Vaseline-soaked Cotton Balls
February 12, 5:38pm

Re: And another one!
I really like how the Impetus 1.1 fabric doesn't settle on top of your bag. It is a stiffness to it that lets it trap air in between the bivy and bag. That is very important in repelling wate...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Bivy
February 12, 5:29pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How did I get so heavy? Late Aug JMT solo
Jennifer, You won't care for this list but here is what my base was in my pack on the JMT. I did a lot of night hiking and needed the heavier light. Just showing you this so you can see ho...

In Gear Lists » How did I get so heavy? Late Aug JMT solo
February 10, 10:21pm

Re: Re: 2-stake Poly-cryo Tarp
It's Dave's set up and it blows my away in terms of looks. There is an opening with netting in the shelter that's comes from the ground up to 2 feet over a 3 foot distance and it's...

In Make Your Own Gear » Polycro Tarp Tested!
February 10, 10:03pm

Re: Re: Re: 2-stake Poly-cryo Tarp
Yes That's becasuse it's 72" X 96" = .68 ounces per square yard.

In Make Your Own Gear » Polycro Tarp Tested!
February 10, 4:02pm

Re: How did I get so heavy? Late Aug JMT solo
Jennifer, Back to saving you some weight. Just how much lighter are you tiring to go? You haven't really stated that you would like to be at least ____ pounds lighter. The problem I...

In Gear Lists » How did I get so heavy? Late Aug JMT solo
February 10, 3:09pm

Re: Re: new SMD packs
Another way of looking at these packs is a 2-pound pack that carries better than a 3-pound or even 4-pound pack. If I had that in my pocket, I wouldn't care what the UL crowd thought either....

In GEAR » new SMD packs
February 10, 2:16pm

All Reader Reviews by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Fenix L2D-CE
Everything else is just a light. For its weight, its 2-40 times brighter and lasts 5-10 time longer. Now they just need to make a 3AAA headlamp with a 5/15/35 lumens setting. The only problem...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
May 13, 10:33pm

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I got the 2006 version with out the leg zippers because it is what I wanted, (the lighter version). I'm sure the breathability that Golite claims for it is accurate, but something twice as good...

In Clothing - Raingear
March 11, 1:20pm

Nuwai 1 Watt (HLX-712L)
The Nuwai HLX-712L ROCKS!!! I found it hear for $27 http://www.amondotech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=874 The CR123A Batteries are only $1 each as well. I have been using the Pe...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 13, 8:47pm

The North Face 2005 Hightail Long
I have a few issues with this bag that will never get addressed because the new ones have been changed completely. First the good. I found it on sale for $230. The long is only 3 oz more than t...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 01, 6:23pm

Gatorade Bottle
I have yet to have one of these leak on me. They have taking over as my go to water holder since they have been out. Platy's are just too finiky IMO. I just wish they made one a little bigger. ...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
November 30, 7:58pm