Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Aaron Sorensen (awsorensen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South of Forester Pass
About Me Love pushing the SUL boundary's of what is possible.

Make almost all of my gear myself.
CityBay Area
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 151 - 160 of 1545 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...155

Forum » Thread

Re: Montbell Ex Light Anorak- A Contrarian View
I don't know where you get the 16% increase in insulation? Is it from the average high to the low? If so, then there is double the low with the vertical stitching. To be honest, I see "...

In GEAR » Montbell Ex Light Anorak- A Contrarian View
February 10, 3:56pm

Re: Re: Your recipe?
This one has both chocolate protein and chocolate chips. The protein powder is what turned it the chocolate color. . This bar contains: 2-tspn Agave 5 sweetener (put in at the end) 1/4 p...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » (Trail) Shelf Life of Homemade Energy/Protein Bars
February 10, 2:31pm

Re: Raw Bars
Almond meal is just ground up almonds so it is much dryer. The almond butter would make the bars much stickier. Not that that's all that bad, you would just need to put it in after you've...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » (Trail) Shelf Life of Homemade Energy/Protein Bars
February 10, 2:03am

Re: Re: Beter than a cat stove?
I have tried a few Cat Can Stoves and they are a little fragile and not very efficient. Putting a pot on top of it isn't that stable either. I now use a Cat Ion stove that is almost double ...

In GEAR » Beeter than a cat stove?
February 09, 10:10pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: (Trail) Shelf Life of Homemade Energy/Protein Bars
I have been making homemade bars for a while now. My trick is that it is pretty much raw ingredients so there is no shelf life or even refrigeration required. My base is almond meal, sunflower...

February 06, 11:40pm

Re: Cuben is ok
If you're talking about a 3oz difference not meaning much, well my homemade bivy weighs 3oz. So you're saving a lot of weight by going with the Cuben.

In GEAR » MLD Superlight bivy with cuben floor - durable without ground sheet?
February 05, 11:39am

Re: wm or mb
I consider my selection of my jacket is more useful in what I have for a bag/ quilt. If you already sleep cold, then going to a lighter jacket means being colder while sleeping. So if you go li...

In GEAR » favorite high elevation summer down puffy??
February 03, 11:49pm

Re: Re: Specs
I have this model in blue. Love the windstopper material. This has been my go to winter jacket for years and has always left me warm and cozy.

In Gear Swap » Montbell Permafrost Down Parka, $200, Size L, Gunmetal color aka Black
February 03, 11:27pm

Re: Re: Trade: 50F EE Prodigy for a 40-30f quilt
Are you looking for down or synthetic? I have a Marmot Pounder with an added climashield layer to the top. Meets what you want but weighs 23 ounces. I'm only looking for $60 for it.

In Gear Swap » Trade: 50F EE Prodigy for a 40-30f quilt
January 25, 1:29am

Re: Re: fire starting tools
I think it's more important to know what type of fire you are lighting? Lighting a gas stove is simple. If you are lighting a wood fire, that is completely different. My back up is another l...

In GEAR » fire starting tools
January 21, 1:45am

All Reader Reviews by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Fenix L2D-CE
Everything else is just a light. For its weight, its 2-40 times brighter and lasts 5-10 time longer. Now they just need to make a 3AAA headlamp with a 5/15/35 lumens setting. The only problem...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
May 13, 10:33pm

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I got the 2006 version with out the leg zippers because it is what I wanted, (the lighter version). I'm sure the breathability that Golite claims for it is accurate, but something twice as good...

In Clothing - Raingear
March 11, 1:20pm

Nuwai 1 Watt (HLX-712L)
The Nuwai HLX-712L ROCKS!!! I found it hear for $27 http://www.amondotech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=874 The CR123A Batteries are only $1 each as well. I have been using the Pe...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 13, 8:47pm

The North Face 2005 Hightail Long
I have a few issues with this bag that will never get addressed because the new ones have been changed completely. First the good. I found it on sale for $230. The long is only 3 oz more than t...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 01, 6:23pm

Gatorade Bottle
I have yet to have one of these leak on me. They have taking over as my go to water holder since they have been out. Platy's are just too finiky IMO. I just wish they made one a little bigger. ...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
November 30, 7:58pm