BPL Community Profile

Ashley Brown (ashleyb) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Ashley Brown hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Ashley Brown has not added a biography yet.
CitySydney
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ashley Brown

Showing 151 - 160 of 1159 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...116

Forum » Thread

Re: Phantom
Quilts are usually a couple of ounces lighter than a bag of comparable rating. For bags that are true 20 degree bags, the difference between a bag and a quilt can be around 10oz (eg. compare the WM...

In GEAR » Quilt + beanie = extra weight
August 02, 10:23am

Re: Deterrant Question for Dewey & Mike C!
It's my understanding that moose are much more dangerous than bears and cause more injuries/deaths, partly because they need more 'personal space' in order to not feel threatened. That&...

In Gear Lists » Beartooth Wilderness 6-day list
August 02, 9:34am

Re: TP
If you go for the hand method there is no danger of getting "raw". Just make sure you have some serious hand sanitizer and some water. You can't go wrong, although you may not find it...

In GEAR » No TP?
August 02, 12:26am

Re: .
no offense, but I dont care how many threads there are or articles have been written...unless i have absolutely no choice (and i have used sleeves and tails of shirts, rocks, leaves and sticks, eve...

In GEAR » No TP?
August 01, 11:36pm

Re: No TP?
There are about a thousand threads on this already, so no need to start another one. Maybe start with this one and add any questions on the end of it...

In GEAR » No TP?
August 01, 11:08pm

Re: BA Copper Spur UL2 design flaws--am I wrong?
Sounds like a very silly design flaw. I'd be happy taking a lightweight dome tent to iceland... but only if you could guy out the poles properly, and probably only in summer. Maybe you can ...

In GEAR » BA Copper Spur UL2 design flaws--am I wrong?
August 01, 8:00pm

Stream crossings with one pair of shoes?
If I am only doing a couple of crossings during the day I go barefoot. There are usually very few sharp rocks in rivers... banging a toe against a large rock is more likely. Usually it's just a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Stream crossings with one pair of shoes?
August 01, 7:41am

Re: searching logs you out [aargh]
John, I find the best search results can be found by using google and adding the "site:backpackinglight.com" modifier. eg. what socks site:backpackinglight.com Turns up some useful ...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » searching logs you out [aargh]
July 31, 5:10am

Re: 50 inches...
I believe the double rainbow is actually 48 inches wide when the bathtub walls are up, and 52 inches wide when the floor is laid flat.

In GEAR » Gossamer Vs Tarptent (You Pick?)
July 31, 2:45am

Re: Whats up with this...
lol. He means you need to zip the doors up. The mesh is noseeum and no bugs will get through it.

In GEAR » Gossamer Vs Tarptent (You Pick?)
July 31, 2:07am

All Reader Reviews by Ashley Brown

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Potable Aqua Iodine Drinking Water Germicidal Tablets
I am always amazed when people say that idodine treated water tastes horrible. Sure it does -- if you don't do it right. The key step is to neutralise the iodine with vitamin C... but don't...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
March 03, 11:02pm