BPL Community Profile

Art ... (asandh) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Art ... hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Art ... has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Art ...

Showing 151 - 160 of 1192 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...120

Forum » Thread

Re: training
over training is relative to ones base, but I'd say Mike's 40 mi/ week is not over training. even "most" high end trail runners have a significant down period once a year. and ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual BPL Spring Run -Zion Training Thread
October 20, 8:35am

Re: Maintenance Period????
sounds like a smart idea Mike. some down time can be very rejuvenating. your plan is not even that much of a pullback compared to your normal training, so I would not be concerned about losing mu...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual BPL Spring Run -Zion Training Thread
October 18, 8:54am

Re: Re: Sources, bro.
when you leave Phantom Ranch for the North Rim you will travel right at creek level for 3-4 miles. Beyond that I don't remember any sources where you can easily use your water filter. The pu...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Grand Canyon Corridor Water
October 14, 8:02am

Re: Re: Re: Re: 3rd Annual BPL Spring Run -Zion Training Thread
on our SoCal trails we run by blond super models all the time, but Eugene's experience .... arrrrrgggh

October 07, 10:40am

Re: Do I need a Wilderness permit to get on the JMT during the Government Shutdown?
my guess is the land is also technically closed not just the offices. but there will be no one out there to check for permits. in fact I never saw a ranger in the Sierra back country all summer, ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Do I need a Wilderness permit to get on the JMT during the Government Shutdown?
October 01, 9:03am

Re: Mt Taylor
Great effort Eugene. sorry to hear about the cramps, caused by the cold ?? Sounds like a beautiful place to run.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd annual BPL Spring Run Adventure
October 01, 8:02am

Re: Ueli Steck and Sherpas
Everest is no longer worth doing. Where are those secret alpine style trips to K2, the Real mountain ?

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Ueli Steck and Sherpas
September 27, 11:31am

Re: Re: cheap tickets
Eugene - just think of it as a training run for the first 20, and a sprint for the last 10. You'll do great.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd annual BPL Spring Run Adventure
September 25, 9:40am

Re: cheap tickets
not only the plane tickets, the hotels are cheap, the meals are cheap (sometimes free), a wonderful place to try your luck at life's favorite pasttimes :-) We will be driving, its only 8-9 h...

September 25, 7:58am

Re: Understanding Soreness and Pain
I'm finding this thread a bit humerous. if you want to seriously understand soreness and joint pain ... take up climbing for 25 years and ultra running for 10, then come back to this thread. ...

In GEAR » Understanding Soreness and Pain
September 23, 2:55pm

All Reader Reviews by Art ...

Art ... has posted no reviews.