BPL Community Profile

Andrew F (andrew.f) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Andrew F has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListEmigrant group trip list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andrew F

Showing 151 - 160 of 683 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...69

Forum » Thread

Re: Shoulder Season in Yosemite
I was in the park again this last weekend to tick off November (went up to Merced Lake) and it was still beautiful... a little cold in the shade during the day but only 34F at night at 7000 feet. I...

In Post-Trip Reports » Shoulder Season in Yosemite
November 06, 6:59pm

Re: Grid Fleeces, any major differences between them?
Yes, Polartec products really are just that much better than the cheaper knock offs. Particularly Power Dry HE. Edit for a more helpful reply before Eric Chan lambasts me: That isn't to say ...

In GEAR » Grid Fleeces, any major differences between them?
November 05, 10:01pm

Re: Foot of Bivy sticking out of tarp?
Completely agree with Justin that the solution is a larger tarp. I prefer shaped tarps like the Trailstar, but either would work.

In Philosophy & Technique » Foot of Bivy sticking out of tarp?
November 04, 2:40pm

Re: Bristlecone Bivy
Glad you like it Joe. I slept in mine on Saturday night underneath an old grizzled Juniper tree in lieu of a tarp.

In GEAR » Bristlecone Bivy
November 04, 1:13pm

Re: Foot of Bivy sticking out of tarp?
This is why I ended up switching to a Trailstar from a 2-person tarp. Tarps are great, but there isn't that much room to do anything other than lie down underneath when the weather is bad and y...

In Philosophy & Technique » Foot of Bivy sticking out of tarp?
November 04, 1:09pm

Re: 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
Well when you put it that way it sounds like a long time away!

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
October 30, 9:34pm

Re: Questions for Syntehtic Over quilt\bag users
This thread probably belongs in gear and not gear swap... I just made an overbag recently so I don't have much experience using it. But I made it out of an old 20 degree F synthetic sleeping...

In Gear Swap » Questions for Syntehtic Over quilt\bag users
October 30, 12:22pm

Re: Western Mountaineering on water resistant down and Pertex fabric
A very reasonable and responsible answer from WM. I too have my reservations about DWR down. High quality down fill is one of those products that is already so good, there would be plenty of ways f...

In GEAR » Western Mountaineering on water resistant down and Pertex fabric
October 30, 10:40am

Re: Thru-Hiking Alaska’s Arctic: A 1,000 Mile Solo Traverse
Bravo Kristin! I heard about your trip here on BPL from Peter Vacco and followed along on your blog. I was hoping you'd write it up at some point so I could live vicariously through your advent...

In Editor's Roundtable » Thru-Hiking Alaska’s Arctic: A 1,000 Mile Solo Traverse
October 29, 11:22pm

Re: FS: Skyscape Trekker, XTherm small, Klymit XLite, TNF Triumph Anorak
PM sent on the Triumph Anorak.

In Gear Swap » FS: Skyscape Trekker, XTherm small, Klymit XLite, TNF Triumph Anorak
October 29, 3:50pm

All Reader Reviews by Andrew F

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

zpacks Company
I had the same experience as everyone else here. Joe got me a customized piece of gear on time and was very responsive to my questions and requests. Can't do much better than that.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
September 30, 10:01am

ULA Ohm
The Ohm is my go-to pack for trips that don't require a bear can. You can fit a Bearikade in it, but it's not very comfortable because it bulges into your back. I put a plastic frame sheet fro...

In Backpacks - Frameless
November 15, 2:15pm

Katabatic Gear Alsek
See thread with pictures and comments here: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=48962 I've used this quilt for about 20 nights no...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
November 15, 2:08pm