BPL Community Profile

Ben Crocker (alexdrewreed) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Kentucky
About Me Ben Crocker has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben Crocker

Showing 151 - 160 of 993 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...100

Forum » Thread

Clarifications
It won't hurt that much to carry some of the relatively heavy stuff if its really your preference. A couple of items might make you really uncomfortable though. If you carry that WPB bivy, yo...

In Gear Lists » 2014 SOBO gear list
December 16, 9:20am

EE Prodigy + MLD Superlight Bivy for Winter Mtn Use in Southeast
I would go with the 20 degree. I use down in the southeast just fine too.

In GEAR » EE Prodigy + MLD Superlight Bivy for Winter Mtn Use in Southeast
December 13, 10:10am

Squirrels
Squirrels are hunted and eaten regularly in these parts. I spent a lot of my last backcountry trip talking about squirrel hunting with a couple of friends. They went out of favor for awhile bec...

In Other Activities » Any bowhunters here?
December 13, 8:39am

2014 SOBO gear list
Know what part of the trail you will be doing might help, but, regardless, here's what I'd do differently: -I would take shorts and no long pants; maybe extra shorts so you can do wash. ...

In Gear Lists » 2014 SOBO gear list
December 12, 12:42pm

Ten Fidy
I just took a few of those on a cool trip last month. They are brewing in North Carolina now, so we get them in the southeast too. It was cool enough that they kept a nice drinking temperature. ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Winter Comfort Food
December 11, 3:56pm

Interest in a down vest
Looks pretty nice to me. I see no need for a full zipper on a puffy like this. Since I am wearing it only in camp or in my bag, overheating is rarely as issue. I have a Stoic jacket that uses ...

In GEAR » Interest in a down vest
December 11, 9:15am

Glove liners in bed
"Not needed. Use the fly in your base layer as a multi-use item" The real reason Nick likes to solo backpack. :) Sorry, Nick, I couldn't resist.

In Winter Hiking » glove liners in bed
December 11, 9:05am

AT Help
Any of the AT is Maine is great in my book. I haven't done it, but hear most of NH is great too.

In Pre-Trip Planning » AT Help
December 08, 1:56pm

40 Miles of the AT from Carver's Gap to Dennis Cove
Phillip, AWOL's AT Guide is 20 bucks and gives you lots of good info about the trail and town logistics like shuttles, hostels, and food. You can buy it online direct. Its a pretty good resou...

In Post-Trip Reports » 40 Miles of the AT from Carver's Gap to Dennis Cove
December 06, 8:22am

Roan
Enjoyed your report, Jamie. I did the area a few years ago in October and the colors were spectacular I hear it's awfully pretty in June when the rhododendron are out too.

In Post-Trip Reports » 40 Miles of the AT from Carver's Gap to Dennis Cove
December 05, 8:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben Crocker

Ben Crocker has posted no reviews.