BPL Community Profile

Ben Crocker (alexdrewreed) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Kentucky
About Me Ben Crocker has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben Crocker

Showing 151 - 160 of 912 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...92

Forum » Thread

Trailstar in the Sierra for 3
I think I'll take my SpinnTwinn for our 3rd. Bugs be damned.

In GEAR » Trailstar in the Sierra for 3 - coverage and bugs
July 21, 10:38am

Trailstar in the Sierra for 3 - coverage and bugs
Thanks, Nico. I had the same idea about offsetting the pole. As far as space goes, its my understanding that we PROBABLY won't have a whole lot of night time rain in the eastern Sierra, so we...

July 17, 2:32pm

Trailstar in the Sierra for 3 - coverage and bugs
I plan to be in the Big Pine Lakes area next week with my wife and 16 year old son. I plan to sleep all 3 of us under one trailstar. I have never slept with more than 2 people under it before and...

July 17, 1:54pm

August in the Smokies
I agree with every point of Bradford's. I would add that August is a great time to be in the Smokies, especially in the higher elevations. Every campsite/shelter has a bear cable/pole so all ...

In Gear Lists » Smoky Mtn. National Park-Aug 2013 Gearlis
July 17, 7:45am

Citico Falls Branch
Sounds great, Ryan. I'll check it out.

In Post-Trip Reports » Banzai! Slickrock Wilderness with Old Friends But No Stiffknee
July 14, 4:07pm

Southeast winters
You can have a few nights where you wish you had a 0 bag but I think most nights would be good with a 15. In Jan, I would probably want 0 bag if I was going to be out 7 days. You could get a 15 an...

In Winter Hiking » Winter Temperatures for Southern East - how cold is cold?
July 14, 11:28am

Slickrock
Thanks, Ryan. We had a great time. There were probably 25 lady slippers in a patch there. Falls Branch? Which one? Seems like every wilderness has one.

In Post-Trip Reports » Banzai! Slickrock Wilderness with Old Friends But No Stiffknee
July 14, 10:38am

Banzai! A few gear items
I didn't mention any gear, but there were a few standouts. Two of us used my cuben trailstar with a moderate rain at night. Since there was little wind, I tied one end up about 4 feet high fo...

July 09, 8:22am

@Mark
Glad you like them. You'll have to make it out east some day.

July 08, 8:05pm

@Brad
I thought about starting from Joyce Milker too but it was a little extra driving for me and the Cherohala is pretty nice access too. Wish the weather had been better for us in the higher areas but ...

July 08, 8:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben Crocker

Ben Crocker has posted no reviews.