Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ben Crocker (alexdrewreed) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Kentucky
About Me Ben Crocker has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben Crocker

Showing 151 - 160 of 1006 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...101

Forum » Thread

consensus
To me, LW, UL, SUL, etc. are just a description of your base pack weight. One is not better than the other. You don't need to make excuses for being in one category versus the other. If you ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I say let's decide on a general consensus of Ultralight definitions and terms.
January 08, 1:34pm

Exploring the Canyon of the Little Colorado
Wow, beautiful trip.

In Post-Trip Reports » Exploring the Canyon of the Little Colorado
January 07, 9:36am

Windshirt
I really think you need a windshirt. A windshirt over your base T or your merino long sleeve shirt will be plenty most of the time while walking if you have a windshirt over them. The wind will c...

In Gear Lists » AT (March departure) layering system question
January 06, 3:29pm

Chasing breathability an exercise in futility?
I think a lot of us have been through a lot of the options for a reason: there is no great option. I backpack in the SE US more than anywhere else, so breathability is high on list of features for...

In GEAR » Chasing breathability an exercise in futility?
January 06, 10:59am

My picks
Mine are pretty simple. UL backpacking equipment: Enlightened Equipment Revolution 30. This has been a really nice piece of gear. Its simple and comfortable and light. The venting ability of ...

In GEAR » 2013 Reader Picks
December 31, 2:09pm

Need advice on a rain jacket that will fit my needs for an AT thru hike.
I would recommend the Stoic Vaporshell to you for several reasons. The fit is unusual in that it fits a tall skinny person with long arms well (I am about your size). Breathability is very good. ...

In GEAR » Need advice on a rain jacket that will fit my needs for an AT thru hike.
December 26, 8:58am

Lab Test - Zpacks Waterproof Breathable Event Fabric
Thanks loads, Richard, for providing this information to the community. Its really helpful.

In GEAR » Lab Test - Zpacks Waterproof Breathable Event Fabric
December 20, 12:20pm

30* quilt for April NoBo start on AT. Doable or just stupid?
I think you're fine. You could be a little cold if a cold snap came through, but I think you'll be fine. The average low on Clingman's Dome in April is 34 degrees. http://www.hikingi...

In GEAR » 30* quilt for April NoBo start on AT. Doable or just stupid?
December 19, 1:57pm

1 pound packs
Zpacks has a good lineup. There is the frameless Blast and Zero. People will debate how much you can carry comfortable in these frameless packs. For me, I start to notice weight at about 25 poun...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Longest ultraight BP w/o replenishing?
December 18, 2:04pm

8 x 10 tarp
Looks to me like your front line just came loose. It obviously has to be tight to get a good ridgeline. I almost always tie that line to a tree, root or other solid natural object. Then it can&#...

In GEAR » Best way to setup 8x10 tarp
December 18, 1:12pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben Crocker

Ben Crocker has posted no reviews.