Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Gary Dunckel (Zia-Grill-Guy) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Boulder
About Me Gary Dunckel has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gary Dunckel

Showing 151 - 160 of 1921 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...193

Forum » Thread

I also vote for the Southwest. Since they weigh the same, why not go with the more durable pockets?

In GEAR » HMH - Windrider vs southwest?
April 09, 4:45pm

Ken's stove
Roleigh, I'm pretty sure Ken's stove ia a Snow Peak GigaPower canister stove (without a piezo). It would be a great choice for your intended purpose, because it has 4 support arms (better t...

In Multiple Use Gear » Want stove that can boil H2O in a wide-mouth stainless steel bottle
April 03, 4:19pm

re: premix
2 years ago I did in fact contact McNett about this very thing. Their polite response was this: "We don't recommend pre-mixing a day's worth of AM." So we're on our own.

In GEAR » Aquamira drops
April 03, 11:46am

re: Small, light, and cheap
Good call, David, but it's actually named BRS 3000T. These are incredible little stoves, despite the fact that the threads aren't brass. Everything else about them is fine, especially the s...

In Multiple Use Gear » Want stove that can boil H2O in a wide-mouth stainless steel bottle
April 02, 10:56pm

Re: Back on thread
Bob, mine was 190 proof.

In GEAR » Alcohol Fuel Testing
March 31, 7:43pm

Back on thread
Maybe it was just me, but I noticed that Everclear left a small amount of deposit on the bottom of my pot. I figured that was due to the 5% water in it. I found that only SLX burned completely clea...

March 31, 5:20pm

Thread drift
I'm kinda innocent here, Dan. Things went OK until we got stalled on Everclear, and then that instigating imp James brought up thermite. Then others chimed in, and once -B.G.- entered the ring,...

March 31, 4:07pm

Now you're onto something, James. How about an aluminum/titanium thermite, using a magnesium strip as a fuse/igniter? Get to work on that, and you'll be the BPL MYOG Man-of-the-Year! Edi...

March 31, 2:34pm

Re: Everclear +1
Yep, Everclear is great. However, the only fuel more expensive would be dilithium crystals, or perhaps the illusive unoBTUnium dust.

March 31, 2:13pm

Re: Alcohol Fuel Testing
I didn't think to look at the Everclear bottle to see what proof it was (I'll bet it was 190, or why not use cheaper high-proof vodka?), but here are the specs for Crown denatured alcohol: ...

March 31, 11:42am

All Reader Reviews by Gary Dunckel

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
Mountain House's Pro Pack meal bags fit perfectly in the PCS cup. After adding the boiling water to the bag, stirring it up, and resealing it, you can empty the remaining water from the PCS, drop ...

In Stoves - Canister
March 18, 11:41am

Hilleberg Akto
I agree that the Akto is a very strong and high quality 4-season solo tent. But I must add an anecdote to illustrate the what I feel is the tent's main weakness. In early October of '06 we wer...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
November 28, 9:08am

Salomon Tech Amhibian
What the previous posts have neglected to mention is that the Amphib is perhaps the lightest (24 ounces/pair)"running shoe" that can be taken on a standard extended backpack trip (not fast packing) fo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
October 18, 7:45pm