Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tom Holbrook (Zandar) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Central Coast of California
About Me I packed quite a bit in my teens and 20's, and then started a family. Now, after about 30 years I am getting back into the adventure.
CityArroyo Grande
StateCa
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Holbrook

Showing 151 - 160 of 173 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Forum » Thread

Starting a Backpack Project
Here are a few photos of my recently finished pack. I just stuffed the pack with an old sleeping bag, to fill the full pack as much as possible.

In Make Your Own Gear » Starting a Backpack Project
November 12, 6:24pm

Thomas, I haven't taken any photos, but I will and send them to you, and post here for others to see. For me, the hardest part of a project is getting started and keeping the momentum goi...

November 12, 1:26pm

John, I just finished making the G4 from Quest Outfitters. I finished last weekand and feel very good about the outcome. Now, I want to give it a test, but the weather is not favorable. The k...

November 12, 11:31am

Google Earth and GPS data
Does anyone that has a GPS device, have waypoints saved for the Rae Lakes Loop? Google Earth allows for importing GPS data. This would be wonderful to map the trail for the Loop, showing milea...

In GEAR » Google Earth and GPS data
November 11, 10:32am

Guterman thread source?
I am looking for a source to buy guterman thread. I need various colors. I just finished the G4 Pack from Quest Outfitters, and I have run out of thread. Z.

In Make Your Own Gear » Guterman thread source?
November 10, 3:02pm

Sewing Question
John, I am in the middle of my first sewing class, and it is a blast. Yes, the bobbin thread is the same as the top thread. You will need to learn to fill a bobbin, before you can sew. Also...

In Make Your Own Gear » Silly sewing question
November 04, 3:51pm

390 GTX
Update: I ordered a pair of the 390's on Oct 27. I waited until the price was discounted to $95.00, then added code BPL105, and received 30% off from the 95.00 So, my net after adding in...

In Gear Deals » Inov8 370, 390 GTX, 295 Discount Code
November 04, 8:51am

Sealing urathane ripstop seams
Roger, I have not used seam tape before. Is it applied to the exterior of the fabric, which is visible? Or, over the interior seams? I have a pattern that calls for a 5/8" seam allowance,...

In Make Your Own Gear » Sealing urathine ripstop seems?
November 03, 3:15pm

Sealing urathine ripstop seems?
I am making raingear using urathane coated nylon, and not sure what material to use to seal the seams. Anyone know of a method? Z.

In Make Your Own Gear » Sealing urathine ripstop seems?
November 03, 12:08pm

Air Thermometer
Question: Does anyone know of a small simple thermometer to measure air temp? Prefer digital. I would like to take one on my trips. Z.

In GEAR » Air Thermometer
November 02, 11:57am

All Reader Reviews by Tom Holbrook

Tom Holbrook has posted no reviews.