Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Clint Hewitt (WalkSoftly33) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale New England
About Me I have lived in NY, CT, MA and now ME.

Areas I have hiked in:
2011: CA, Little Yosemite Valley, Local Maine Hills, Katahdin (2x)
2010: NOBO AT Thru Hike
2009: NY Bear Mt and Coldspring
2008: NY- CatSkills

Thru the years I have hit NH- White Mountains, MA- Mt. Everett, Mt. Grey Lock multiple times.

My pack weight has come along way...I think I remember years ago something about a game of horseshoes set...
CityBiddeford
StateME
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListCurrent AT - Set up

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Clint Hewitt

Showing 151 - 160 of 254 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Forum » Thread

Winter Trip
Any time after the first of the year is good for me. Western MA or Southern Vt sound like good spots. I would love to work up the knowledge, skill, gear and courage to attempt something in the Whit...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » New England-area GTG #2: Winter Wonderland
November 22, 10:09am

Sweet!
I am in for a winter excursion. Im a newbie as well, I have only one winter overnighter to my name, near sages ravine in wmass. Post holed the entire trip, I recommend slowshoes if there is any ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » New England-area GTG #2: Winter Wonderland
November 18, 10:53am

Six Moon Design: Stays FYI
Just an FYI to anyone out there. I just received two of the stays from SMD. The dimensions listed on there site are 12" x 1/4" x 24" and it's weight is stated as 4.0oz It meas...

In Make Your Own Gear » Six Moon Design: Stays FYI
November 17, 5:30pm

Re: Re: Re: A profound statement
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qybUFnY7Y8w This to Shall Pass - Ok Go Reminded me of this video. Good stuff

In Chaff » A profound statement
November 17, 12:33pm

Re: Re: Toilet Paper Haters
Toilet Paper to me is not just a convenience issue but also a health issue. I always carry it and usually it is more than an adequate supply. I always attempt to clean very well and avoid getting a...

In GEAR » 10 things not to buy for backpacking
November 17, 10:31am

A profound statement
A profound statement is meant to be profound, but what is stated is rarely meant and what is profound is rarely stated.

In Chaff » A profound statement
November 15, 12:31pm

Weight Savings/ Difference
It would, in theory replace: Portion of your food supply Lip Balm Antibacterial Ointment Throat Candies (presuming you had a sore throat but continued to hike as one might while thru hiking) ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Multi-Use Food: Manuka Honey?
November 15, 12:23pm

Multi-Use Food: Manuka Honey?
I was pondering if carrying Manuka Honey while hiking would be worthwhile. I have no experience with it first hand. Would it be worth carrying on longer hikes? Background: It purports to have an...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Multi-Use Food: Manuka Honey?
November 15, 12:08pm

Marketing
I do think marketing departments get carried away with higherend products to justify the price they overstate the value.

In GEAR » Amount of loft in down jackets
November 11, 8:37am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Amount of loft in down jackets
Ryan, I think you are on to something here. For usually half the cost you can get a 600-650 fill down jacket that is actually warmer then its more expensive brethren. When I was at the LLBean st...

In GEAR » Amount of loft in down jackets
November 11, 8:35am

All Reader Reviews by Clint Hewitt

Clint Hewitt has posted no reviews.