BPL Community Profile

Tony Wong (Valshar) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Tony Wong has not added a biography yet.
CityEast Bay
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tony Wong

Showing 151 - 160 of 1445 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...145

Forum » Thread

Durable Alternative to Innov8 Terroc 330?
Sara, Thanks for the feedback and suggestions. I will have to see if I can find a Youtube video of the technique that you are talking about. Might help, but would be nice to find a shoe th...

In GEAR » Durable Alternative to Innov8 Terroc 330?
August 08, 12:21pm

Durable Alternative to Innov8 Terroc 330?
I just returned from doing a section of the PCT from Lake Tahoe to Yosemite on a pair of relatively new Terroc 330s, which are the same model of shoe that I took on the JMT in 2011. On both trip...

In GEAR » Durable Alternative to Innov8 Terroc 330?
August 07, 12:27pm

Re: Re: some further info from Sawyer
$20 or there abouts is a fantastic price considering that short of breaking it or freezing it and damaging the Hollow Fiber Material, you have a filter that will last a lifetime. (1 million gallons...

In GEAR » Sawyer MINI Filter
July 18, 4:48pm

Re: Nalgene Cantene
Jeff, Thanks...more that I just posted up the results of my research from back then. When I first looked into gravity filters there was very little information that I could find online. So...

In GEAR » Sawyer Squeeze "grafity filter" bag recommendations
July 18, 12:15pm

Re: Platypus Water Tank
Jeff, You are not dense at all. My setup is older and has discontinued parts from Platypus. If you look for a user review of the Sawyer filter on BPL, I have pictures of my setup. http:...

July 17, 12:54pm

Re: Emigrant Wilderness in mid August - bugs/solitude?
Bryan, Here is a photo essay of a trip I took there starting at Crabtree and it was in mid August. http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_th...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Emigrant Wilderness in mid August - bugs/solitude?
July 17, 12:43pm

Re: Sawyer Squeeze "grafity filter" bag recommendations
Jeff, I use my Sawyer filter (pre-squeeze model) as a gravity filter in camp. I would recommend that you take a look at the Platypus Water Tanks. I carry a 4L water tank, which I think is ...

July 17, 12:10pm

Re: O2 raingear vs DriDucks
Dennis, The O2 Rain gear is generally considered more durable than the DriDucks. I have an O2 Rain Gear top and bottom, but have yet to use it in the rain. I have seen it in action with my...

In GEAR » O2 raingear vs DriDucks
July 16, 11:15pm

Re: condensation test...
Larry, Thanks for the last few updates. Appreciate the effort that you are putting into testing and getting back to us. Interesting observation you made about extreme heat possible degradi...

In GEAR » Rust-O-Leum NeverWet
July 16, 11:08pm

Re: Sawyer MINI Filter - UPDATED
Ken, I agree with you. I have been using the older filter that you have pictured since 2008-2009 with no problems. This new design looks great in that is combines the best of the new and o...

In GEAR » Sawyer MINI Filter
July 16, 3:26pm

All Reader Reviews by Tony Wong

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Platypus Hoser 1.8 Liter Reservoir
For those of us who enjoy the convenience of of having a sip of water on demand, this is an easy way to save some weight with few negatives. The only negatives for me is the bite valve that comes w...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
June 29, 6:09pm

Marmot Helium (long)
I have the 2007 Model of the Marmot Helium EQ, which differs from the regular Helium in two ways. It has a full length zipper and the shell is waterproof. Weight is listed as 2 lbs 2 oz vs. 1 lb...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 29, 5:29pm

Sunday Afternoon Adventure hat
How can I count the ways that I love this hat? I have been using this hat for 7 years from completely re-landscaping my yard for 2.5 yrs as well as for backpacking trips. I love that it provides...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
June 29, 5:12pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Soul Bivy Side Zip (eVent Top)
Mountain Laurel Designs Soul Bivy Side Zip with eVent top, Silnylon 2.0 bottom, built in hoop wire, regular size, but in the wide option, which allows for a sleeping pad thicker than 1". Weig...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
June 01, 10:39pm

Sawyer In-Line Filter
Pros: Light Weight, Field Cleanable by backwashing, No Chemicals, No Pumping Cons: Setup time longer than traditional filter. Speed of filtration can vary based on conditions. Like traditional filt...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
February 07, 11:20pm