BPL Community Profile

Jeff Jeff (TwoFortyJeff) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Jeff Jeff hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Jeff Jeff has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeff Jeff

Showing 151 - 160 of 587 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...59

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Traction devices and body weight.
^^ Those examples are all just personal preference though. I know people that ice climb in 10 point strap crampons as well as people that use aggressive ice climbing crampons for walking down any i...

In GEAR » Traction devices and body weight.
January 05, 10:54am

Re: Traction devices and body weight.
User weight doesn't matter for selecting a crampon. Just use the right crampon for the terrain you are in. In other words, for low angle terrain, anything that fits should work. As it gets ...

In GEAR » Traction devices and body weight.
January 05, 10:50am

You don't need anything custom. If it's a pack with a lid, just stash the snowshoes under the strap(s) that keep the lid on. If it doesn't have a lid, just strap two bungee cord horizon...

In GEAR » Daypack for carrying snowshoes
January 02, 12:17am

Re: Long sleeve shirt for sun protection
When I did the High Sierra Trail and John Muir Trail, I hiked in an UnderArmor heat gear shirt. I coupled it with sun gloves which meant I only needed a little bit of sunblock each day for my face ...

In GEAR » Long sleeve shirt for sun protection
December 29, 6:26pm

Re: Winter Gloves and Miitts system
Does anyone have any suggestions for vapor barrier liners? I would like to give them a try for multiday trips. I think nitrile exam gloves would work, but I would think there would be something out...

In GEAR » Winter Gloves and Miitts system
December 15, 9:33pm

Re: Re: Re: Lightweight shoes for JMT & 35lbs max pack weight?
I used the XA 3D back in 2007. Now it's the XA 3D Pro Ultra or something like that. Now I use the Wings which fit me way better. The XA 3D Pro Ultra is too wide in the heel now.

In GEAR » Lightweight shoes for JMT & 35lbs max pack weight?
December 10, 2:52pm

Re: Lightweight shoes for JMT & 35lbs max pack weight?
I did 300 miles including the JMT with Salomon trail runners. No goretex. I just waded right through streams and then I was dry 15 minutes later. They worked well, but the lace lock started slippin...

In GEAR » Lightweight shoes for JMT & 35lbs max pack weight?
December 05, 10:25am

Re: Difference between Patagonia Houdini Full-zip Jacket and Patagonia Houdini Jacket
The new one also changed the arm cuffs. It looks like they provide more coverage of the hands and only use a half elastic cuff, but I haven't seen it in person. They usually don't stock ...

In GEAR » Difference between Patagonia Houdini Full-zip Jacket and Patagonia Houdini Jacket
November 28, 7:51pm

Warm softshell
I have a 5 year old Arcteryx Gamma SV made with powershield that I like a lot, but it's getting pretty worn out. The current Gamma SV is now made with a fabric that isn't quite as warm. ...

In GEAR » Warm softshell
November 26, 8:01pm

Re: test
test

In User Test Forum » Test
November 24, 8:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeff Jeff

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Equinox 8 X 10 silnylon tarp
I bought this tarp the replace the blue walmart tarp I started out with. I was wary of the grommets at first, but I have had it staked out as tight as a drum and they haven't gotten loose at al...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
August 23, 10:38pm