BPL Community Profile

Gene . (Tracker) - BPL Guest

My Locale New England
About Me I have backpacked since 1968, across America twice 1986 & 1990; bicycled across America 4 times, rdtrip East Coast USA; built and sailed my own sailboats from New England to SA/CA/transited Panama Canal;canoed & sea kayaked New England/Florida/Bahamas; I grew up working as an organic vegetable farmer on a dairy farm in New England. Lived in Hawaii on both Oahu & Kauai.
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gene .

Showing 151 - 160 of 203 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Our Friends at Pringles are up to it again!
Pringles has come out with a Mini chip version, in single serve bags .81oz of about 25/ 1 x 2" sized chips. The package of 5 bags weighs 4ozs with the overwrap. The little buggers still tas...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Our Friends at Pringles are up to it again!
January 19, 3:58pm

Re: Hexamine and health
NO worries, just pack the items that come into contact with your Esbit, into the same container you are transporting your Esbit in. Then pack your kitchen up!

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Hexamine and health
January 19, 3:40pm

Re: Possum Down heat resistance, Firelite 500, wood fire
Adam, On the PD gloves, they will not prevent you from burning your hands over a fire. Also, if the wool has ANY humidity/moisture in it you risk getting scalding burns as that moisture turns to he...

In GEAR » Possum Down heat resistance, Firelite 500, wood fire
January 19, 3:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ultralight fire starter
You want mainly cotton dryer lint, the synthetic stuff sometimes just melts into a blob.

In GEAR » Ultralight fire starter
January 19, 3:29pm

Re: Re: Ken, thanks for the test.
Another reason to save those round Coghlan's for use as Emergency firestarter in your kit.

In GEAR » FireLite tablets
January 19, 3:17pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Titanium Pot (tweeking)
JR, yeah, it makes you long for your nice SS kits that you ditched for the Ti, only to find out that it may be light, and heat fast, but it still scratches like aluminum when cleaned with abrasives...

In GEAR » Titanium Pot (tweeking)
January 19, 3:12pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Marmot Ion from Campmor vs. BackountryOutlet?
PJ, Then YOU know the kind of traffic I was in for 2 hours! It took me almost an hour just to go from Exit 163 to Exit 138! On the way home to my Exit 114.... Mike Martin...Ok, Masochist that I ...

In GEAR » How to identify Pertex Quantum?
January 19, 3:07pm

Re: Re: Re: Titanium Pot (tweeking)
JR nope, you don't want to be cleaning out any kind of Ti pot or pan with sand! OUCH! It will scratch the surface and make stuff stick, ask me how I now know...In the newer Snowpeak lit that co...

In GEAR » Titanium Pot (tweeking)
January 19, 2:48pm

Re: "Survivorman" Les Stroud
Another 'Real Man' image shot to He!! Oh, and I thought SO highly of you Les before you let yourself get drawn into THAT web of deceit! I'm really going to have to ask him or Wendy a...

In Chaff » "Survivorman" Les Stroud
January 19, 2:42pm

Re: Backpack - back foam and frame sheets
Eric, You might try a kitchen/resturant supply place for those solid , flexible plastic sheeting type cutting boards. This would allow you to cut to size and perforate it where you wanted for strap...

In Make Your Own Gear » Backpack - back foam and frame sheets
January 18, 4:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Gene .

Gene . has posted no reviews.