BPL Community Profile

Tjaard Breeuwer (Tjaard) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Minnesota, USA
About Me I like to get out and camp, but I don't like a heavy pack on my back. I love hiking, mtb-packing, xc skiing and ice skate touring.
CityDuluth
StateMN
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tjaard Breeuwer

Showing 151 - 160 of 368 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...37

Forum » Thread

Sold
sold

In Gear Swap » FS: Montbell U.L. down jacket XL , almost new 69!
September 27, 1:10pm

OT: Ordering from Asia
Many years ago, a retailer a used to work for deciced to get into the cottage sleeping bag game. The minimum order of fabric was 0.5 miles! After a few years, he needed to reorder. When he called...

In GEAR » Hydrophobic DownTek now available for bulk orders
September 27, 8:36am

replied to first respondent
I have replied to first respondent. If he doesn't pay, I will respond to the next person etc.

September 26, 7:02pm

Fit
I am 6'5" with long arms and the sleeves are just long enough on me, so I'd say down to about 6' you'd be ok. Length seems fine, not overly long, but no crack either in norm...

September 26, 12:46pm

My garments, weighed by me.
Here are my weights: Weights in grams/ounces: Arcterx Zip XL chestpkt _322 11.4 Stoic 150 Zip XL _238 8.4 I/O Merino zip Hoody XL _228 8.0 tighter weave, stretch ...

In GEAR » Lightest 150 merino base layer top.
September 26, 12:38pm

Ratings smatings
I wouldn't consider the ratings very much, neither are EN tested, so just a guess on the owners part. What is the relative surface area of each? since they have almost the same amount of dow...

In GEAR » quilt comparison -- katabatic sawatch vs enlightened equipment reveleation x 0 deg
September 25, 9:44pm

Don't get the Alpine Light
... if it bug's you in the store, it will certainly bug you out in the field. What use is a hooded parka if you can't zip up the neck? Even cheaper: Stoic Hadron (coupon code save50). ...

In GEAR » need down jacket advice
September 25, 9:23pm

Re: Re: english please
7d x 10d ripstop would mean the main threads are 7 d and the ripstopping threads (the 'grid') are 10d.

In GEAR » New MH ghost whisperer down jacket, 7oz
September 25, 9:11pm

Indeed, fit
It will work if: you are a warm sleeper you are well fed you are inside a full doublewall tent(non mesh) On a very warm and large pad (make sure it's wide enough for the huge winter bag). ...

In GEAR » Would I regret using a 32 degree bag in sub zero temps?
September 25, 9:02pm

SOLD Montbell U.L. down jacket XL , SOLD
SOLD Montbell UL Down jacket, mens XL. Blue color. This is last years version with the square baffling. 2 handwarmer pockets, zipperguard. 7.5oz / 212g This is the best type of outdoor jacket...

September 25, 2:01pm

All Reader Reviews by Tjaard Breeuwer

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Goosefeet gear Custom down parka
This review is for a custom down parka from Goosefeet gear. Par...</td>          
           <td class=

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
April 14, 10:24am

Enlightened Equipment Revelation X
Quality: The sewing is very neatly done, I have not looked super close at the fabric but from a casual glance I don't see any blemishes. Nice soft hand. Fit: I have a 6'6&qu...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
September 17, 12:30pm

Golite Hex 3
I was surprised to see we fit comfortably with our family of 4, while using the nest. By hanging it from a line between two trees, we have room for a double bag in the center and no pole to be knocke...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
April 06, 9:33pm

L.L. Bean Ultralight 850 Down Jacket
I returned the L tall I had ordered, as the sleeves were too short. I ended up with a Montbell in XL which had longer sleeves and was no more baggy than the L tall LL Bean.

March 08, 9:26pm

Montbell Down inner pants
As mentioned these are a nice and light pair of warm pants. Sorry for the exclamation marks but I have never found stock pants like this! The great news with these is that they fit very slim for...

March 02, 11:36am

mont-bell Thermawrap Parka & Pants
I got the womens size S for my daughter, who wears size 6(yr old) kids clothes normally. The lightest hooded kids parka I could find was the Marmot Amadablam. This is lighter, longer in the waist ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
February 20, 9:08pm

02 Rainwear Rain Suit
The design is poor, with a crummy hood that doesn't cover my chin and no bill, short sleeves and body, wide opening at the waist and no articulation anywhere. Wimpy rainflap over a very porous zip...

In Clothing - Raingear
February 16, 8:48pm

Cioch Direct /Paramo custom
I have a Cioch Direct Glamaigh and can only echo the previous comments: It is as breathable as an uncoated windshell,but the liner makes it as warm as a windshell with light fleece underneath. So ...

In Clothing - Raingear
February 15, 9:04am