Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

steven franchuk (Surf) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale steven franchuk hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me steven franchuk has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by steven franchuk

Showing 151 - 160 of 388 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...39

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: The worst kind of rain
"The benficial effect of rain increasing from "minimal" to "light". The Neoshell gains more cooling than the other fabrics. If I wear it when it's not raining (just thr...

In GEAR » The worst kind of rain
May 26, 2:31pm

Re: Re: Re: Help me identify this old North Face sleeping bag
If the bag was stored compressed in a stuff sack it is likely to have lost some loft. If it was stored loose it probably kept most of its original loft. Cleaning the gas should remove oils ...

In GEAR » Help me identify this old North Face sleeping bag
May 26, 11:51am

Re: Re: Fire Maple FMS-300T (stove) Question
the problem isn't dirty fuel. The problem is that fire Maple didn't put anything between the filter and the jet. As a result on some stoves a metal bead in the sintered filter presses aga...

In GEAR » Fire Maple FMS-300T (stove) Question
May 26, 11:32am

Re: The worst kind of rain
"This effect is more pronounced in my Polartec Neoshell jacket, but it happens in basic Goretex and eVent too." What effect are you refering to? "It forces me to put a waterpro...

In GEAR » The worst kind of rain
May 26, 11:16am

Re: Re: Cool
"This windscreen will make all my stoves more efficient. Get that heat evenly distributed in a turbulent way and "bingo" efficiency abounds." A vortex may not give you the tu...

In Make Your Own Gear » Whirlwind Windscreen
May 25, 7:16pm

Re: Wind shirt as rain jacket?
You should look into this article in PackPackinglight.com. It is specifically about a guy hiking the PCT in Oregon and he was using a windshell as his rian gear. It didn't work out well. h...

In GEAR » Wind shirt as rain jacket?
May 24, 6:13pm

Re: dissolve silicone glue?
It is my understanding that thermarest ues a polyurethane blue not silicone. And it is my understanding that once silicone sets nothing will desolve it. If it is polyurethane you could try minera...

In Make Your Own Gear » dissolve silicone glue?
May 24, 1:25pm

Re: Broken Kindle blues - Looking for a case
I started carring it last year. I have been putting mine against the lid of my Bearikade cannister. Works well if your canister is vertical in the pack. The only problem I have had is that t...

In GEAR » Broken Kindle blues - Looking for a case
May 22, 8:33pm

Re: Re: Re: Tyvek
so even Tyvek 1443R is less breatheable than typical tent walls ? Depends on the tent material. If it is uncoated nylon with or without DWR the nylon will be more breathable. If it is waterpro...

In Make Your Own Gear » How Breatheable is Tyvek ?
May 22, 2:11pm

Re: windshirt over rain shell= enhanced waterproofing?
The Cypher smock is an Event jacket with a hydrostatic head of 40,000mm. Water will not get through this jacket event if the DWR coating fails completely. The wind shirt is just water repellent...

In Philosophy & Technique » windshirt over rain shell= enhanced waterproofing?
May 21, 11:36pm

All Reader Reviews by steven franchuk

steven franchuk has posted no reviews.