Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Chad "Stick" Poindexter (Stick) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wet & Humid Southeast....
About Me My stomping grounds are the SE US, and 90% of the time, somewhere on the AT in GA, TN, or NC. Other times I enjoy going to the Smokies, or other smaller wilderness areas such as the Savage Gulf area.
Most of my trips are between 2 - 5 days long, with rare 7 day long trips. My total pack weights are generally under 20 lbs, unless trying new gear, or carrying extra for the kids. In the dead of summer, I enjoy SUL hikes, and have given thought to XUL (almost there...)
CityRight Here
StateMS
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://stick13.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListBasic 30 - 50 F Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad "Stick" Poindexter

Showing 151 - 160 of 621 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...63

Forum » Thread

ZPacks small pack cover
As has been noted, this is a personal preference. And yes, there is a lot of reading as far as pack liner vs pack cover's go. Fact is, they each have their own set of pro's & con's....

In GEAR » GG Kumo Pack Cover?
December 14, 12:15pm

4 g tabs
Go with 4 g tabs instead of 14 g tabs. It is even easier to sort out almost exactly how much fuel you need, so no need to burn a tab, then blow it out, then repackage it one way or another. Plus, I...

In GEAR » Esbit fuel question
December 09, 8:27pm

I don't always...
I don't always use canister stoves... but when I do I use a cheapo bottle opener to puncture the empty can when I am finished with it...

In GEAR » Two years, and I still have stupid questions.
November 27, 8:24am

Re: Payment Sent
Pack is sold to James, and is on the way!

In Gear Swap » FS: Yama Mtn Gear Cirriform SW Tent & ULA Circuit
November 25, 5:51pm

Re: Circuit
James, I got your PM and responded.

November 25, 2:51pm

ULA Circuit $160
Bump... ULA Circuit still available. Price dropped to $160.

November 24, 4:50pm

GFG down pants
I usually just stuff my GFG down pants, along with all my other down gear, right into my pack liner, however, there has been times that I also stuffed all of my down garments into one of the ZPacks...

In GEAR » Compresses down pants from GooseFeet Down?
November 23, 11:24am

6 stakes for the hexamid
I would just like to add that it is rare that I use all 10 stakes when setting up my Hexamid Solo plus. I really only use 6. And as others mentioned, it is very easy to set up.

In GEAR » Skyscape X floor dimensions
November 22, 7:27am

GooseFeet Gear + a bunch!
Another vote for the GFG down socks and the overbooties. As mentioned, the socks can be worn inside a tent, all clean & warm, and then for a pee break, or camp chores, slip the overbooties on. ...

In GEAR » Down booties
November 21, 6:23pm

Cuben as ground sheet
I love me some cuben fiber, however, one area I have always been a bit leary with cuben is using it as a groundsheet. In the past, I used the Lite version (0.74) cuben floor in my Hexamid tent for ...

In GEAR » To ZPacks Duplex Owners
November 18, 9:42pm

All Reader Reviews by Chad "Stick" Poindexter

Chad "Stick" Poindexter has posted no reviews.