BPL Community Profile

Chad Poindexter (Stick) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wet & Humid Southeast....
About Me I have been backpacking a little over 3 years now, but in that time I have logged a number of trail miles and went through a lot of gear trying to find my sweet spot. Now, thanks to cuben fiber, alcohol stoves, down and of course a better understanding, my TPW has severly dropped! My cold weather BPW is 9 - 10 lbs and my warm weather BPW is 5 - 6 lbs.
About 95% of the time I hike with family or friends and in the SouthEastern states. My favorites places to get away are anywhere along the AT as well as in the Great Smoky Mountains.
CityCorinth
StateMS
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://stick13.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListGear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad Poindexter

Showing 151 - 160 of 603 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...61

Forum » Thread

Re: Bivy:Side or Chest zip?
Another vote for side zip for reasons already mentioned... makes getting in and out easier. Also, I really like the side zip on my Borah, however, if I get another one, I may request it to be about...

In GEAR » Bivy:Side or Chest zip?
October 22, 3:07pm

Trail Designs
Here is a 0.9L nonstick ti pot made by Vargo. However, note that this particular pot does not have handles on it... http://www.traildesigns.com/cookware/vargo-titanium-non-stick-pot-900ml Als...

In GEAR » Best place to buy evernew pots
October 21, 8:49pm

Tent Sold, ULA Pack Still Avaialable
Tent is sold to Matthew. The ULA Circuit is still available. Great pack, and in excellent condition!

In Gear Swap » FS: Yama Mtn Gear Cirriform SW Tent & ULA Circuit
October 18, 12:33pm

Tent sold pending payment
The Yama Mountain Gear tent is sold, pending payment from Matthew S. ULA Circuit is still available. $175

October 17, 12:28pm

Re: PM sent
Matthew, I got your email but your PM is not set up for me to reply too. I'm at work at the moment but it will be this afternoon before I can reply. If you want to PM me your email, we can talk...

October 17, 6:05am

SOLD
Both the tent & the pack are sold. I am selling my Yama Mountian Gear Cirriform SW Tent. Used 5 nights total, but only 1 in the field (the other 4 nights were backyard camping). Stored clean...

October 14, 4:03pm

I prefer it the way it is...
I gotta admit, it's hard to please the masses with this one. I personally like it the way it is. I have no need to screw anything to the top of it, so it works for me, while being the lightest ...

In GEAR » Sawyer Mini design...so close
October 12, 1:56pm

Re: Thanks to all who replied
I figure that many that already had the Squeeze likely already have the adapters like in my photo. Although, I understand not all do...The Platy drinking tube would also work.

October 10, 8:19pm

Easy fix

October 10, 7:15pm

Re: more options
I agree with Rob. I use a set of Hot Lips and a DIY reflectix cozy with my LiteTrail 550 cook pot and love it! Awesome set up, and only 4 oz for everything (LiteTrail solid fuel cook kit, reflectix...

In GEAR » Looking for Ti cup/pot recommendation
August 27, 4:16pm

All Reader Reviews by Chad Poindexter

Chad Poindexter has posted no reviews.