BPL Community Profile

Steven Evans (Steve_Evans) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Canada
About Me Steven Evans has not added a biography yet.
CityToronto
CountryCanada
My Website URLhttp://www.suluk46.com
My PDF Gear ListZion National Park - Mid May

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steven Evans

Showing 151 - 160 of 2075 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...208

Forum » Thread

Re: re: Liberty Ridge Jacket - Thru-hiker
Thanks guys, I think I should be good. I've got ~2 yards of the CTB1B3-1.0/NF (30.6 g/m^2) coming next week. An additional 9 yards of CTB0.3B3-1.0/NF (not sure of the weight yet) is coming a...

In Make Your Own Gear » Liberty Ridge Jacket - Thru-hiker
January 09, 8:45pm

Liberty Ridge Jacket - Thru-hiker
Quick question...does anyone know how many yards of fabric is required to make this? I've got the kit on it's way but might make it out of breathable cuben if I have enough.

In Make Your Own Gear » Liberty Ridge Jacket - Thru-hiker
January 08, 11:13pm

Re: Any super helpful Canadians out there, eh?
Doug, I just saw this. If it doesn't work out, shoot me a message. MEC Toronto is across the street from my house.

In Gear Swap » Any super helpful Canadians out there, eh?
January 07, 8:26am

Re: WP/B Cuben
Any interest in sharing how much this wp/b cuben weighs per yd? I think it varies slightly for each production run, but the latest CTB1B3-1.0 is 1.4oz/yd^2.

In Gear Deals » The Stateless Society, WPB Cuben Mitts with 3-layer eVent Palms, limited availability.
January 06, 9:00am

Re: Cuben Rain/VBL Pants
Dan, those look fantastic! I just ordered the liberty ridge jacket and pants - hopefully mine turn out just as nice!

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben Rain/VBL Pants
January 05, 3:04pm

Re: Re: Teaser: Today's mail from TiGoat
Anyone have a picture of the front and more info on the new Goat Pack, I googled it but came up with backpacks for actual goats. Edit: nevermind, lots of info on the website.

In GEAR » Teaser: Today's mail from TiGoat.
January 04, 5:46pm

Re: Teaser: Today's mail from TiGoat
"however I was disappointed to see the mKettle advertised there...." Yeah, I saw that up there aswell. I'm going to guess that Ti Goat doesn't even know about that whole ordeal...

In GEAR » Teaser: Today's mail from TiGoat.
January 04, 4:45pm

Re: Re: Re: Zion in April
Mike, Yeah, that was me - rookie desert hiker :). It was my first time being exposed to such high temps and the valley acts as a solar oven, just cooks you. I think I went through something lik...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Zion in April
January 04, 10:33am

Re: Zion in April
I did a hike in Zion last year from Lee's Pass to The Grotto with a side trip up Angels Landing. The "Davids" (Chenault & Ure) helped me out quite a bit with planning and the Zion...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Zion in April
January 04, 9:22am

Re: Re: Cuben tree straps
I've got some of the thick cuben left but not sure how long it is. It weighs roughly 4 oz/yd^2 and it is totally bomber. I went through 2 pairs of scissors cutting the pattern for my snowshoes....

In Make Your Own Gear » Q: Cuben tree straps for hammocks
December 29, 5:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Steven Evans

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Forty Below Light Energy TR Overboots/Simple Slippers
First off, here is the system I currently use: 1st: Thin liner sock, 2nd: Vapour Barrier Liner, 3rd: Montrail Hardrocks, 4th: 40 Below TR Overboot Why did I purchase the 40 Below Overboot?...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
May 14, 8:29am

Nunatak Arc AT
If you are thinking about this quilt, go for it. This system is the best I have used...just make sure you are ready for it. Paired with my Nunatak Skaha Plus, this is my 3 season sleep setup. I hav...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
December 19, 12:03pm

TarpTent Double Rainbow
With only one review for the rainbow, I had to put my 2 cents in here. Adding on the above post. Straight out of the box (tent, stuff sack, stakes etc.) and thrown on a scale, mine comes in at 4...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
February 20, 7:02am

Patagonia Ready Mix Softshell Jacket
I bought this on a whim just over a year ago after reading some reviews on it. This has turned out to be my go-to jacket for all my winter activities. From snowboarding to snowshoeing, there is no rea...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
February 20, 6:39am

Feathered Friends Customer Service
While the products are great, I purchased a 2 sets of Down Booties (which were in stock) on Jan-15th. Credit Card was charged same day and product was to be shipped next day. 3 weeks later I started t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 19, 10:35pm

Six Moon Designs Essence '07
Simply put, this pack had everything I was looking for - in order of importance: 1)Panel Loading for easy organization 2)Hip belt pockets for regularly accessed items 3)Mesh side pockets for dryi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
February 19, 10:25pm