BPL Community Profile

Pamela Wyant (RiverRunner) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Pamela Wyant hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Pamela Wyant has not added a biography yet.
StateWest Virginia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Pamela Wyant

Showing 151 - 160 of 321 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...33

Forum » Thread

re: Smartwool base layers
The two pieces I own (long johns and a Zip-T) seem to run true to size. They are not quite as soft as some other brands such as Ibex, Icebreaker, or the BPL merino wool, but they have held up well.

In GEAR » Smartwool Merino Wool
September 03, 3:31pm

BPL wool
Having worn the BPL long john pants this weekend, I concur that they are very light and VERY comfy. If you are looking for a light wool shirt, I don't think you'll do better.

In GEAR » Patagonia Wool 1
September 01, 10:36pm

FlickLocks
They haven't been mentioned (maybe because they aren't the lightest), but I really like the locking mechanism of the Black Diamond FlickLock poles. I've had a pair about two years now....

In GEAR » Going up is hard, going down hurts
September 01, 9:32pm

Re: Layers layers layers
Christopher, I live and hike in West Virginia. You will find the mountains colder than the lower elevations. Also, keeping warm in camp and when sleeping is a whole lot different than staying ...

In GEAR » Layers layers layers
July 27, 11:09pm

Re: NeoAir Press Release
Wow! Looks extremely interesting. This looks like a great solution for those of us who like a cushy mattress but want a minimal weight. I like the way the tubes appear to run horizontally rather...

In GEAR » New thermarest
July 18, 4:21pm

It depends..
on whether you want two average bags or one good bag. Only you can decide for yourself, but for me the higher quality bags or quilts such as my WM Ultralite, or better yet my Nunatak quilt are wor...

In GEAR » EMS mountainlight 20/0 f versus WM versalite
July 18, 2:54pm

Funny blog
I took the blog as being mainly humorous with a touch of the truth. Renting first is a great idea. Great responses from Russell and Tony BTW. Where the philosophy in the blog goes wrong for ...

In GEAR » Choosing Gear is Excessively Complex
July 10, 1:05pm

Am I reading this right?
Am I reading this right - you are not using anything like a sleeping bag or quilt and expecting to sleep out to at least 40 degrees and hope to go lower??? You would need quite a bit of layers o...

In GEAR » Warmth without high lofting insulation?
July 10, 12:44pm

Regarding ventilation
For me at least, it is much easier to ventilate a quilt than a sleeping bag. Perhaps I am not as practiced, or perhaps its just that if I wake up too hot I want to cool off immediately; but I find...

In GEAR » Debunking the Myth: Quilts AREN’T as Comfortable as a Sleeping Bag
July 09, 10:07pm

Good comments
Good comments Roger.

In GEAR » Debunking the Myth: Quilts AREN’T as Comfortable as a Sleeping Bag
July 05, 10:19pm

All Reader Reviews by Pamela Wyant

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Photon Freedom Micro (White)
Santa brought me one of these for Christmas, and it has quickly become my favorite light. For it's weight it's amazingly bright. I used it to night hike a half mile or so last weekend. Th...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
February 05, 1:35am