BPL Community Profile

J R (RavenUL) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale J R hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me J R has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by J R

Showing 151 - 160 of 421 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...43

Forum » Thread

Re: Ultralight water filter / Is no treatement an option?
I know several people who drink the water straight out of the source without problems. They have all had plenty of opportunity to develope immunities over time, but the fact remains they carry no w...

In GEAR » Ultralight water filter / Is no treatement an option?
August 31, 8:58am

Re: Re: New knives
2lbs, 11oz 43oz total. At nine inches, I would have to grab it with both hands, and the fingers from one hand would not touch the fingers from the other. Oh well, at least its priced right ;)

In GEAR » New Wenger knife
August 29, 11:33pm

Re: Need some clothing advice
Im not sure what you mean by "come to camp warmer". It seems like your most significant problem with staying warm and dry is persistant moisture due to less breathable fabrics and cold-wet hands...

In GEAR » Need some clothing advice
August 20, 3:55pm

Re: Woolly Pully for insulation
I have a wooly pully. Very heavy, but very nice. I dont know when mine was made, but I would guess that it is OLD. Like, it might have been issued to some SAS guy in WW2 for all I know. Stil...

In GEAR » Woolly Pully for insulation?
August 10, 3:18pm

Re: warmth of sleeping bag
The montbell stretch system does not (in my experience) cause any loss of warmth. The inner baffles hug the liner to your body, reducing the area needing be warmed. This means it costs less calo...

In GEAR » Marmot Hydrogen/Helium vs MontBell Hugger #3/#2
August 09, 1:17pm

Re: Re: Re: hatchet
No worries Brian, I was just curious if you were aware of the brutalities a mora can be subjected to. Sounds like you and your knife have survived "The Mors Test" quite well. Hats off to you. I ...

In GEAR » 1 Heavy essential item you can' leave at home?
August 08, 9:32pm

Re: hatchet
Brian You ever used a baton on the back of that mora? Also, were you using a classic wood handled mora, or a more modern design like the Swedish Army Knife (Craftsman 700 series)?

August 08, 3:58pm

Re: Re: 1 Heavy essential item you can' leave at home?
A good knife. The world can go completly pear shaped and with a good knife, you can get along just just fine. I consider a knife to be the most essential of the "10 essentials" I carry a Mora...

August 07, 1:30pm

Re: tablets
Potable Aqua requires only 30 minutes. 4 hours is an EPA required treatment regime for the destruction of cysts in the water, however lab tests show that this is only required when trying to kil...

In GEAR » Aqua Mira Warning
July 30, 1:55am

Re: Re: Kilt
The McKilt is sort of in the same neighborhood as the Mountain Hardwear Kilt. Decent idea, but poor execution. Too short, and the material combined with the cut make for a get-up thats more rest...

In Multiple Use Gear » Where did I see that?
July 27, 8:16pm

All Reader Reviews by J R

J R has posted no reviews.