Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Robert Kelly (QiWiz) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale UL gear @ QiWiz.net
About Me I dream of thru hikes but work and family get in the way. Am familiar with most OH and western PA trails; Isle Royale; a little of Rocky Mountain NP; AT from Springer to Hot Springs; some of Monongahela in WV. Have also been on PCT in Yosemite and Mt San Jacinto area in CA and Mt Jefferson area in OR; Bailey Range in Olympic; Wind River Crest in WY. Pack weight 8-12 pounds in all seasons. Happy Trails.
If you are interested in the lightest ti trowels, stoves, and saws, check out my website at www.QiWiz.net
CityCleveland Heights
StateOhio
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.QiWiz.net

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Robert Kelly

Showing 151 - 160 of 545 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...55

Forum » Thread

Backcountry cornbread on a wood burning stove
Entire kit to do this weighs 2/3 oz. Now we're cooking! Check out the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AmlkelDlGU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Backcountry cornbread on a wood burning stove
June 18, 11:07am

Re: Keeping water bottles on your shoulder straps
I've done this for the last 15 years on all my packs, currently using 20 oz Gatorade or similar bottles that have a waist about 1/3 down from the top of the bottle. I've used non-bungee thi...

In GEAR » Keeping water bottles on your shoulder straps
June 18, 6:57am

Re: searching for a light alcohol stove (that can also burn wood and accommodate multiple pots)
My 2 cents: If you plan to usually burn alcohol but want to be able to burn wood occasionally as a backup, I'd recommend a Caldera Cone Ti-Tri to fit whatever pot will meet most of your need...

In GEAR » searching for a light alcohol stove
June 13, 9:01am

Gear of the week!
Just found out that a PCT thru-hiking couple really like their Big Dig. Thanks for the compliment. Check out their blog at: http://alongerwalk.tumblr.com/post/22722805849/gear-of-the-week-the-bi...

In Gear Deals » They're back again: The lightest cathole trowels on the planet ! Titanium, two sizes
June 13, 8:47am

Re: Best Camping Pillow
Like NickB described above, I have a GG sit pad in my Gorilla or Murmur packs. I take it out and roll it loosely or fold in thirds and secure it with a small DIY Velcro strap that I also use to wra...

In GEAR » Best Camping Pillow?
June 05, 1:27pm

Clothing as part of sleep system
I'm a big believer in the principle that your quilt or sleeping bag is just the last layer you put on when sleeping. So if it's cold, I'm often wearing all of my camp clothes under the ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sleep systems with clothes
June 05, 1:17pm

Throwaway ponchos
When I used a Gatewood Cape as both shelter and rain gear, I'd have one of these ponchos in case it was raining in camp after the Gatewood was set up. Came in handy a couple of times, especiall...

In Gear Deals » Go light, go frugal - 55 - 99 cent ponchos
June 05, 1:04pm

In warm weather,
I use silk long underwear so that there is at least something between me and the pad underneath me. In cool/cold weather it would be merino long underwear at a minimum, often more. Quilt is just th...

In GEAR » quilt sleeping advice...
June 04, 3:57pm

MEGA Buck 24" UL Saw is finally available
This is a pretty big saw and obviously not for everyone. BUT if you are hiking a trail to maintain and clear it, wouldn't you rather carry a big saw that weighs about a half a pound instead of ...

In Gear Deals » Could this be the ultimate UL backpacking saw?
June 03, 2:48pm

Special combo deal available for the next two weeks
until 6/18/12. Combo deal is a discount on any ti trowel and any FireFly stove system. QiWiz.net "Specials" page has the information. Can you dig it?

In Gear Deals » Lightest collapsible wood burning stove on the planet - the FireFly Stove
June 03, 2:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Robert Kelly

Robert Kelly has posted no reviews.