BPL Community Profile

john Tier (Peter_pan) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Co-Owner Jacks 'R' Better, LLC, VA
About Me Co-Owner of Jacks 'R' Better LLC
Citywilliamsburg
StateVA
My Website URLhttp://www.jacksrbetter.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by john Tier

Showing 151 - 160 of 250 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

Ar is too short for you
Kyle, The HHAR is too short for you at 6-1....you might get in it but you would not get very flat in the asym sweet spot... Take a good look at the HHELR... same size as the HHHL but lighter.......

In GEAR » Lightest Hammock
December 08, 12:37pm

Umbrella hats
Actually these work quite well in forested areas.... Used one on a 650 mile section of the AT in the very wet 2003... Absolutely super in warm weather, as you get max ventilation.... Super coverage...

In GEAR » The Pros and Cons of Backpacking Umbrellas
December 03, 7:29pm

Great pack
Along with Grant Sible I was a tester for the prototypes of this pack... The prototypes did not have the stays nor stay pockets... My recommendations were that packs designed for loads at or below ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Gossamer Gear Miniposa Backpack REVIEW
November 28, 2:13pm

ground is uncomfortable
Tommy, Go to ground and save a pound if you want but it is easy to hang in winter at 12 lbs base weight.... comfort trumps the last pound as one ages... :-))) Pan

In GEAR » Help Me with a Gear Diet!
November 15, 8:39pm

bag loft vs quilt loft
DH, et al, Bags loft is typically stated for the bag zipped and laid out and allowed to fully loft.... So... a 3 inch bag is actually a thickness/ loft of 1.5 inches... about 40 degree range.......

In GEAR » Layering Sleeping Bags?
November 13, 6:45pm

over quilt/bag
FWIW, the JRB Large Family of Quilts functions well as an over quilt or bag in combo with the DTEPC (80 inches of girth).... Several in cold climates persued this approach last year.... see the fif...

In GEAR » Layering Sleeping Bags?
November 13, 12:32pm

warm help
Down booties will help....Nice for the midnite run also... Pan

In Make Your Own Gear » How can I make my sleeping bag warmer for winter travel??
November 01, 7:40am

Sizing
Jeff, 3000 cu in is huge.... at around 7-10 pounds base 2000-2400 is what I routinely use.... get by with a G6 in the summer... BTW all the frameless packs work well w/o pads at these weights I...

In GEAR » Which backpack w/ a hammock
September 04, 8:49am

Re: Waits are Not common for all the Cottage made gear!
Mike, et al, Excepting for an occasional shortage which is always posted on our web site, all Jacks R Better quilts and gear ships in 24-72 hours from when the customer checks out after purchas...

In GEAR » MLD Delays
August 15, 5:48pm

Winter quilt set use
Andrew, et al, At JRB we routinely uses the ORM as the top quilt for top and bottom balance and because one quilt is easiest to manage in a hammock.... IE.... the Nest and No Sniveller quilts pr...

In Editor's Roundtable » 2007 Jacks ‘R’ Better Old Rag Mtn Down Quilt REVIEW
August 02, 8:13pm

All Reader Reviews by john Tier

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Equinox Silnylon Poncho
Agree with Richard on the mods.... all easy to do....I've had the extended length model for over 4 years and it is super through the mid season.... and yes it will cover a HH. Here is my mod......

In Clothing - Raingear
September 22, 6:10pm