BPL Community Profile

John Donewar (Newton) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeastern Louisiana
About Me Bitten by the hiking bug in 2008. The "infection" persists and I am not in search of cure. :-)
Reinfected by the MYOG bug in 2009 and I am still not in search of a cure. :-)
If I am not hiking I am reading about it or working on my gear.
Became a BPL Lifetime Member 5/1/11.
CityGretna
StateLouisiana
CountryU.S.A.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Donewar

Showing 151 - 160 of 1745 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...175

Forum » Thread

Re: Laminar and turbulent flow
"Especially if you've got an identical Foster's can, try increasing its surface roughness with bits of foil, tiny tabs, etc. You may find a significant increase in heat transfer (if yo...

In Make Your Own Gear » Titanium Windscreen Design
January 20, 7:30am

Re: Quit riding me!
Max, " I'm not the only one in this thread that puts stock into color." Agreed! I'd have chosen a "color" also if when I bought my tent from Judy at Lightheart ...

In GEAR » What's your favorite 3-season 1P tent?
January 19, 5:15pm

Re: Why the Tarptent Contrail?
Max, If it's a tarptent, it's gray silnylon or white Tyvek. Check out Henry's gallery. http://www.tarptent.com/gallery.html You could email Henry at... info@tarptent.com ...

In GEAR » What's your favorite 3-season 1P tent?
January 19, 3:01pm

Re: Now for a tarp - Dimensions and plans
Tyler, If you want downpour protection when it's needed I'd suggest going a little longer than 9' in length. With your bivy's length at 8' you might want to add some lengt...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bivy Plans - Checking on materials
January 19, 10:33am

Re: Finished!
Tyler, Get some rest as it seems you were up late putting the final touches on you bivy. I can't wait for the posting of the "More (and better) photos". Party On, Newton

In Make Your Own Gear » Bivy Plans - Checking on materials
January 19, 5:17am

Re: ...early adventures in gear making.
Travis, Yeah the yaks wouldn't cooperate anymore and I had to reduce the size of the tents and the number of poles down to 1 pair of trekking poles. I even let go of my merino and silk b...

In GEAR » Kletterworks
January 18, 7:32pm

Re: Re: Kletterworks
Tents? Party On, Newton

In GEAR » Kletterworks
January 18, 1:43pm

Re: Idle wondering: why no short/wide pads?
My ProLite Plus could stand a little widening. I'd love to see one in 25" wide x 48" long x 1.5" thick. I've never been crazy about the elbows in the shoes trick. As...

In GEAR » Idle wondering: why no short/wide pads?
January 18, 1:31pm

Re: Have fun!
Another part of of this adventure that appeals to me is the fact that $10.00 of every Challenge entry fee is donated to the Green Beret Foundation. http://www.greenberetfoundation.org/foundation...

In Other Activities » Brand New Non-Ultralight Adventure
January 17, 1:12pm

Re: Re: Women and men on the trail
Hi Miguel, "Every other animal does it... why should human males be any different?" "I've always maintained that society has it all wrong... it's men that are designed ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Women and men on the trail
January 17, 4:58am

All Reader Reviews by John Donewar

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Under Armour Men's UA Escape 7" Solid Shorts
Here are the particulars. Ultra-lightweight woven fabric. Mesh internal liner. 360° Reflectivity Hand pockets for your essentials. 7” inseam 2.2 oz. Polyester Men'...</td>          
           <td class=

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
September 29, 10:56am

Scope Outlast
This is a first for me as I have never posted a gear review before. The Scope Outlast Minibrush probably isn't really even considered as hiking gear. Scope Outlast Minibrush

In Backpacks - External Frame
August 13, 12:14pm