Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Adan Lopez (Lopez) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale San Gabriel Valley
About Me I dont own a scale or spend alot on gear, still I manage an 8lb base thanks to you good BPLers. Enjoyment is the goal here, which means light gear is important as is "lightness of mind". Kit must not be complex, fragile or expensive.
CitySan Dimas
StateCA
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Adan Lopez

Showing 151 - 160 of 901 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...91

Forum » Thread

Snow
Great photos Jay, as usual. You gotta have one of the best collections of images, seriously. glad i found this report, snow will likely not be an issue for me next week.

In Post-Trip Reports » Mineral King: Black Rock Pass & Sawtooth Pass
June 23, 10:09pm

complex carbs
great info thanks everybody. Dave that homemade probar recipe sounds killer, i must try that. Same with Eugene's sweet potato mix. but do you eat that like a gorp or does the honey hold it toge...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Recommend a complex carb
June 23, 9:56pm

Recommend a complex carb
If this is covered elsewhere, please point me to the article...Ive got oats for breakfast and pasta for dinner but during the day its mostly sandwiches, junk food, bars and nuts. I want a bit more ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Recommend a complex carb
June 22, 2:05pm

Fear...
Fear is your friend. It's why you do this, to feel something. We all have our ghosts. I have certainly had mine. Try and think of those experiences as part of the whole. Lose a little sleep, it...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Help me go Solo!
May 21, 10:23pm

Sandals
Yeah, these look super good. Nice work. Curious how this works out for you in a variety of conditions. post reports!

In Make Your Own Gear » FINALLY...A minimalist sandal that works!
May 07, 1:47pm

Jtree
Excellent. I'm impressed with your knowledge of our SoCal deserts, Nick.

In Post-Trip Reports » Joshua Tree Two-day Loop
May 05, 9:59pm

"News"
It's not that malicious people. News media attempts to tell you something you didnt already know. Boston was new news. violence in "poor America" is not new, we already know about th...

In On the Web » Headline: "Why does America lose its head over 'terror' but ignore its daily gun deaths?"
April 22, 3:42pm

Tenkara Shmenkara
Andrew, The only way to know if that rod will flip a flyline good enough for your purposes is to try it. Tenkara is not magic. I have casted fly lines with spinning rods, old fiberglass bait rods,...

In GEAR » tenkara vs B&M fishing pole
April 18, 4:37pm

Hitches rock!
The Farrimond is another I had not seen before, awesome! So many of these are discussed on the bushcrafter pages. Maybe I'm a closet bushcrafter?

In Philosophy & Technique » Knots
April 17, 2:16pm

Engine know-how does not replace good knot skills
I once knew a guy who did not know how to tie his shoes. And he's dead now. Knots are serious business, I dont care what Nick says.

In Philosophy & Technique » Knots
April 17, 11:16am

All Reader Reviews by Adan Lopez

Adan Lopez has posted no reviews.