BPL Community Profile

KEN LARSON (KENLARSON) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Western Michigan
About Me Mounteering, climbing and backpacking and outdoor endeavors I have been engaged with since age eleven all over North America and Canada. Retired educator, researcher and outdoor facilitator. Currently dealing with Multiple Myeloma Cancer and still backpacking with the grandchildren on a "lighter note".
CityGrand Haven
StateMI
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by KEN LARSON

Showing 151 - 160 of 582 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...59

Forum » Thread

The is no unified answer
The BOTTOM LINE that is fast approaching in ALL areas of Outdoor Recreation is the "Pay to Play" norm. A good example is a summer 2011 issue: "The USFS continues to illegally cha...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiker rescued for 2nd time on same Utah mountain
November 05, 9:52am

Land's End
http://tinyurl.com/l4yuqms •600-fill power down insulation provides superior warmth •Water resistant shell •Fully lined three-piece hood •Full zipper closure •Partial elastic cuffs...

In GEAR » Looking for a specific hooded down jacket
November 04, 9:53am

The last step of one journey is the first step of the next.
You are one tough and adventurous young lady that any grandpa would be proud of! "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain." ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Thru-Hiking Alaska’s Arctic: A 1,000 Mile Solo Traverse
October 31, 4:45pm

Turkish Cowboy Coffee
Turkish Cowboy Coffee Excerpted from Ultralight Backpackin' Tips: 153 Amazing & Inexpensive Tips for Extremely Lightweight Camping by Mike Clelland! This is an easy way to make...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Making a Cup from Ground Coffee
October 30, 11:47am

Omega: BL630 3 HP Commercial Quality Blender
Just purchased a Omega: BL630 3 HP Commercial Quality Blender. This machine "blasts" through anything you place in it. Check out this site for demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3j...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Vitamix
October 28, 10:47am

Cold weather mitt liner
Expedition Grade Liner Mitt This mitt is designed for pure warmth. Made with ultralight and soft 10d Nobul inside and out there isn't much other than goose down covering your hand. The palm ...

In GEAR » Best cold weather mitt liner
October 28, 6:56am

Best cold weather mitt liner
DACHSTEIN WOOL MITTS (6.63oz)....Have used them for years in below zero F conditions under over mitts of various kinds.

In GEAR » Best cold weather mitt liner
October 27, 12:20pm

Blue Green Algae Threat
The BOTTOM LINE >>>> if you see waters as in the picture below it MAY be a health hazard! NO treatment will provide the water safe so contact should be avoided. QUICK SUMMARY ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Water treatment for blue-green (toxic) algae
October 23, 12:22pm

****PRICE DROP****
PRICE DROP??

In Gear Swap » FS: Nunatak Alpinist, 20* down bag, size small
October 13, 4:29pm

**** FS MSR Titan 3 Pot Set & Cozy****SOLD
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SOLD<<<<<<<<<<<

In Gear Swap » **** FS MSR Titan 3 Pot Set & Cozy****
October 11, 2:34pm

All Reader Reviews by KEN LARSON

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

123Mountain OUTDOOR EQUIPMENT
>>>>>>>>BEWARE<<<<<<<< Read the BB Business Review BELOW before you decide to purchase ITEMS from this company. BB Business Review

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 22, 7:19am

SOTO PRODUCTS STOVES & POCKET TORCH
Would highly recommend ANY of SOTO's products as they RATE 5 in my estimation. I have purchased and have used many of SOTO's products (STOVES: iso & white gas and POCKET TORCHES: butan...

In Stoves - Canister
May 24, 10:57am

Sawyer In-Line Filter
SP-125 PURIFIER (NOW - SP-35 PURIFIER)

In Hydration - Water Treatment
March 08, 2:15pm

MSR Mountain Safety Research HyperFlow microfilter
I purchased one of the very first MSR Hyperflow filters from REI (April08) and experienced many of the filter issues that have been mentioned (reduced output, hard pumping, backflushing difficulties a...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
February 25, 10:24am

Alpkit CarbonLite
CarbonLite hiking/trekking pole review: • I have been using “h...

In Trekking Poles
June 30, 9:06am

PossumDown Gloves (BPL Gear Shop)
I was interested in the level of warmth provided by an overmitt and wool liner combination and did some cold weather testing of hand gear for the last three days, since the temperatures in Michigan we...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
November 30, 1:57pm