BPL Community Profile

Kevin Babione (KBabione) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pennsylvania
About Me I live near Lancaster PA and do most of my backpacking in the central and north-central parts of the state.
CityLititz
StatePA
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Babione

Showing 151 - 160 of 606 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...61

Forum » Thread

Going Lighter
+1 to Roger's comments regarding learning what NOT to bring. I dropped more than 12 pounds off my total pack weight shortly after I found this site by simply leaving some stuff behind, speci...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Is there a decent non-lightweight forum?
January 22, 10:50am

Get your water from feeder streams
My river experiences have been in canoes rather than packrafts, but there was no way I was going to drink the water from the river I was canoeing. What we did was to get our water from the many st...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Using Alum in the backcountry...calling David Thomas and other science-minded folk
January 22, 8:14am

Cocoon Ultralight Pillow
I'll take the Cocoon pillow. PM sent.

In Gear Swap » FS: Closet Cleaning: MH, OR, EB, MSR, Sawyer squeeze, pillows, etc...
January 12, 8:55am

LT4 Poles
Although pricey, you won't be disappointed with the LT4's...I'm 260 pounds and I've found the poles to be rock solid to the point that I've been surprised a couple of times when...

In GEAR » lightweight trekking poles
January 08, 9:25am

Other PA Trails 2-3 Hours from Annapolis
Doug/George, Have either of you done much of the Tuscarora Trail? It starts/ends just north of Harrisburg (near Marysville) and runs in an arc to where it enters Maryland south of McConnelsburg...

In Post-Trip Reports » Trip Report -- Black Forest Trail, PA
January 08, 6:38am

Pinchot Trail - PA
Tom, Thanks for posting...This one is on my list as well (I live in Lancaster) and I'll keep it in mind for a quick one-nighter. It's always nice to see trip reports from the East.

In Post-Trip Reports » Pinchot Trail - PA
January 02, 8:36am

Vargo Gear in Lewisburg
Tom, Thanks for posting this...I live near Lancaster and drive right through Lewisburg on my way to much of my backpacking in the northern part of the state. Did you notice if they carry any fo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Vargo Gear -Lewisburg, PA
December 24, 9:23am

Sugru for a pot handle
The last time I used my wood burning stove I wasn't paying attention to where my pot handles were in relation to the "feeder hole" in my stove and the silicone tubing on the handles o...

In GEAR » Sugru for a pot handle
December 18, 10:38am

Trying a hammock
I tried a hammock and haven't gone back to sleeping on the ground since. One of the best "starter" kits out there is available from Butt In A Sling Hammocks. Get their Weight W...

In Hammocks » Hammocks and back issues
December 17, 12:31pm

Sourcing Gear
I'm with you absolutely on trying to use cottage manufacturers whenever possible, but would like to add a couple of other categories to your lise of when we can use them: - Hammocks (Butt...

In GEAR » Gear we don't buy from cottage manufacturers
December 13, 11:09am

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Babione

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
I'm a big guy and have the Ex Light in XXL - weighs 7.8 ounces. In addition to being a great piece of insulation to wear I've found that I can use it in my hammock as an extra top quilt by op...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
January 03, 1:42pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
I just finished reading the book - it's an enjoyable and quick read. I've got two weekend trips planned this spring with guys who have never backpacked in their lives. I'm passing the bo...

In Books and Media
March 28, 5:52am