November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Joe Cangelosi (JoeFish) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale All Over California
About Me I live in SF, but I work anywhere they'll pay me to go. I'm in LA quite a bit, but I can be found hiking all up and down the California coast, and any other place I can escape to.
My PDF Gear List3 Season CA Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Joe Cangelosi

Showing 151 - 159 of 159 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Forum » Thread

Where to go at bridger-teton NF?
Hello, hikers! I'm going to be in Jackson WY for a few days in July, so I figured I'd end the visit with a few days in the surrounding national forest. I'm probably going to be solo ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Where to go at bridger-teton NF?
June 14, 9:28am

Sleeping Pad Post Mortem
I got to sleep 2 nights on the iron mountain. I'm not entirely sure why you'd name a sleeping product after metal, but anyhow... It was comfortable per se, and although it was not my idea o...

In Gear Lists » Newbie Gear List
July 26, 9:11pm

Big Agnes Iron Mountain
Well, due to a combination of cost and availability, I went with the Big Agnes Iron Mountain, a previous generation of the AirCore, but square and lacking insulation. I was hesitant to get an a...

July 20, 6:23pm

Sleeping Pads
I'm not entirely sure about the ridgerest, and I couldn't fit the slumberjack into my luggage, so I need to buy something, like it or not. I never actually pulled the trigger on buying the ...

July 19, 5:50pm

Gear List 3.0
Mike, Have you been talking to my Dad? You sound just like him... List has been updated and changes are highlited in RED. New base weight: 10.85 lbs. >First Aid Kit - 4.30 – Too much...

July 16, 12:01am

Updated Gear List
OK, edits have been made to the gear list, have the baseweight down to 11.16 lbs. Not bad considering I've never actually done this :-D @ Nate: I tried that once, man. Not enough coverage fo...

July 14, 11:14pm

Great notes, thanks!
Great points all. Thanks, guys. @ Brad: Thanks for the tips. @ Dan: Thanks for the encouragement. I've invested in a few expensive hobbies in the past only to abandon them after a year,...

July 14, 4:29pm

Fixed Link
Thanks for letting me know, Frank. Here's the new link, and I've edited it in the OP.

July 14, 10:03am

Newbie Gear List
Hey, everybody. I'm a lifelong car camper, day hiker and canoer. I recently decided that I wanted to leave the car behind and get into backpacking and, for a lot of reasons, that I should go...

July 14, 12:15am

All Reader Reviews by Joe Cangelosi

Joe Cangelosi has posted no reviews.