BPL Community Profile

Doug Smith (Jedi5150) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central CA
About Me LEO K9 handler, with SAR, EMS background.
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug Smith

Showing 151 - 160 of 257 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Forum » Thread

BA tent comparison
Hello all, I'm looking for a comparison of the 1 person tents by Big Agnes (as well as others you might suggest). In specific, I'm concerned about floor material. For a heavier car campin...

In GEAR » BA tent comparison
May 26, 1:39pm

Re: ticks
I pulled over 100 off my dog and over 20 off me a couple weeks ago after a SAR training at a local state park. Funny enough, we did a real search last week only one county away and I crawled throu...

In GEAR » ticks in your gear while you're in the bug bivy?
May 25, 4:43pm

Re: Re: Re: alternatives
Thanks Bob! You can see more pictures of her (plus a post-trip report) here: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=64498

In Pre-Trip Planning » Rush Creek trail conditions?
May 25, 1:40pm

Agnew Lake hike
Hello all, I thought I'd share a few thoughts on my hike to Agnew Lake from a couple days ago. The trailheads at Agnew Meadows are closed due to all the trees that blew down last November/ Dec...

In Post-Trip Reports » Agnew Lake hike
May 25, 1:38pm

Re: alternatives
Hi Elizabeth, I hear that today or tomorrow another storm might be coming in with the possibility of more snow. As it was, I only went as far as Agnew Lake (well, plus about 1/3 of the way beyond ...

May 25, 12:42pm

Tent only? (no fly)
Does anybody here ever backpack with a tent only (without the rainfly)? And if so, how has it worked out for you? I refuse to give up the protection from bugs and creepy crawlies, but if the chan...

In GEAR » Tent only? (no fly)
May 24, 10:42pm

Rush Creek trail conditions?
Hello all, I'm thinking I might do a short 2 or 3 day backpacking trip this Wednesday through Saturday (5-23-12 through 5-26-12) up Rush Creek trail, from June Lakes Loop. If anyone has been i...

May 21, 8:59pm

Re: Re: Re: Rules are not meant to be broken
"Considering that you are from communist California I will not take your insults to heart." Troll is my guess as well. He's had ample time to continue posting on this thread, incl...

In GEAR » Lost Gear in Uintas?
May 20, 10:36pm

Re: Re: Nammatj 2
Thanks for the kind words Ken and Stuart. I'll update the review once I've had a chance to do some camping/ backpacking with it. I'll be taking the Nammatj on my July trip to 1000 Isl...

In GEAR » Hilleberg Tent thread
May 18, 9:05pm

Nammatj 2
Well, I just got my Nammatj 2. I haven't yet had a chance to use it camping, but I can at least give first impressions and some photos. At $610, the Nammatj 2 is the least expensive tent ...

In GEAR » Hilleberg Tent thread
May 18, 6:29pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug Smith

Doug Smith has posted no reviews.