BPL Community Profile

Doug Smith (Jedi5150) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central CA
About Me LEO K9 handler, with SAR, EMS background.
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug Smith

Showing 151 - 160 of 286 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...29

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: violence (reply to M B)
"Since your area is safe, great, nothing to worry about. But Calif pot farming is Not by hippies, its serious mexican drug cartel enterprise." Very true. Our neighboring allied agency...

In GEAR » Solo Wilderness Security
July 21, 12:34pm

Re: I must have missed the reports.
"I refuse to live in fear. I had a friend that always worried something would go wrong, and it always did. YMMV" I understand your viewpoint Brian. Since this thread has gone on for...

In GEAR » Solo Wilderness Security
July 20, 8:54pm

Re: Re: Rain Gear?
My local Sports Authority appears to eb the only one in the entire chain that does not carry DriDucks. lol I've worked too hard to get my pack wiehgt down to want to bump it back up an entire...

In Gear Lists » 1000 Island Lakes in July- Gear List
July 20, 8:24pm

Re: Rain Gear?
Thanks for the suggestion. I only have 1 day (Saturday) to get anything I need for the trip, so unless I can find a store with them in stock, and local, I'll ahve to make due without. I have ...

July 19, 10:18pm

rain gear
Thanks for the additional input Dale and Eileen. Eileen, the problem is I don't have any light raingear. I have a garage full of goretex jackets and parkas, but they are all the military ...

July 19, 6:09pm

creeks
Ken, thanks for the great info! After hearing you say there are still some small creeks to get water on the High Trail, I'm definitely going to go that route. I'm getting an early start s...

In Pre-Trip Planning » 1000 Island Lake question
July 18, 1:37pm

4x4 packpacking
My most recent backpacking trip. Nothing fancy, just a 4x4 Tacoma with barely more than street tires. The dirt road looks nice in the picture but there were definitely spots that without the clea...

In Chaff » Offroading and Backpacking
July 16, 6:37pm

wow!
Wow, thanks for the info and photo Hobbes! I'd love to see more pics of the area if you have them. :) I'll be staying at the Mammoth Mountain Inn Sunday night, and getting to the trail...

July 16, 12:42pm

thanks
Thanks Bob and Richard. I think I'm going to shoot for the River Trail route. If it is full up at least I've already got my reservation for the High Trail.

July 15, 11:23pm

1000 Island Lake question
I've had a thread already on an upcoming trip to 1000 Islands Lake, but I've got a few last minute questions and didn't want to dig up the old thread. I have a wilderness permit rese...

July 15, 7:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug Smith

Doug Smith has posted no reviews.