Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jake D (JakeDatc) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Bristol,RI
About Me http://www.geargrams.com/list?id=9466
CityBristol
StateRI

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jake D

Showing 151 - 160 of 1240 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...124

Forum » Thread

Re: LIST: SUL in Everest-like weather possible?
Gary, what is your actual plan? and when? these things kinda make a difference up there. there isn't a lot of "below treeline" The observation building and tourist buildings a...

In Gear Lists » LIST: SUL below freezing possible?
April 06, 7:59pm

Re: Re: 2015 Appalachian Trail thru hike gear list
I'd skip the expensive sunglasses and go get a cheap pair from walmart or something. AT is called the Green Tunnel for a reason.. you're in the woods a lot and you will not need them so ke...

In Gear Lists » 2015 Appalachian Trail thru hike gear list
April 01, 11:10am

Re: .
Mostly, I like having 2 dirty pouches so that if one gets popped, the seam breaks or whatever that i'm not stuck without one. sure on the AT you have a hundred other people with filters that y...

In Gear Lists » NOBO AT thru list
March 24, 9:03am

Re: NOBO AT thru list
If you can find one maybe get a 1.5L Evernew bottle for another "dirty" bottle for the filter.. having an extra in case one has an issue is a good idea, plus a bit more carrying capacit...

In Gear Lists » NOBO AT thru list
March 22, 5:32pm

Re: Side compression strap
If it is the same as the older versions you can route it either way. inside or outside.

In GEAR » 2014 Osprey Exos 48
January 29, 4:13pm

Re: deal?
just another stop on his spam-athon. http://mountainproject.com/v/summitstash---discovery-box-for-climbers-hikers-bikers-and-lovers-of-the-outdoors-new-service/108616708#a_108617221 so they...

In Gear Deals » SummitStash - Discovery box for hikers, bikers, backpackers and lovers of the outdoors (New service)
January 28, 12:19pm

Spam
apparently the $5 "spam prevention" isn't enough for a properly motivated spammer.. seems to have been a few of these the last few weeks...

In Gear Deals » SummitStash - Discovery box for hikers, bikers, backpackers and lovers of the outdoors (New service)
January 27, 4:17pm

Re: Hillsound
"Do look at the Hillsound offerings. LLBean sells them online, and they make a Microspike clone for about $40 that looks pretty good." I have not heard good things about their microspi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Microspikes/crampons and/or snowshoe recommendations?
January 25, 5:51pm

Re: Re: Changes I'm making to my gear for this season...
i agree with the down pants thing. i snowshoe in shell snow pants with only shorts underneath in pretty low temps. hiking in down pants would be like 8000m stuff. switch to a nice canister sto...

In GEAR » Changes I'm making to my gear for this season...
January 23, 7:56pm

Re: Re: get both
Dale, I've tried on the Hillsound Trail Pro crampons.. which are similar to the Kathoola crampons. they are definitely a step up from microspikes and have a nice strap/buckle system. less $ t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Microspikes/crampons and/or snowshoe recommendations?
January 23, 2:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Jake D

Jake D has posted no reviews.