Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jake D (JakeDatc) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Bristol,RI
About Me http://www.geargrams.com/list?id=9466
CityBristol
StateRI

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jake D

Showing 151 - 160 of 1426 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...143

Forum » Thread

Re: light knife
Easy Bob.. many of us don't need to do any of that. I know i don't build fires, fish, play dice, make stakes or poles. The only cutting i usually do is moleskin and my mini Ti sewing sci...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » unltralite knife
December 23, 6:19pm

Re: Re: Cuben - not yet
I think leaving extraneous things behind will be enough to get to a comfortable place... until you add all of that water. (i'll take snow over carrying gallons of water) pack comfort is pe...

In Gear Lists » First published gear list - will this work with a new light pack?
December 23, 11:04am

Re: Re: Re: Bright red chairs connect Banff visitors to nature
^^ yep, Mt washington and Cannon mt in NH too. If you want a picture with the summit sign on Washington you have to stand in line behind 20 people who drove their car or took the cog railway up....

In Philosophy & Technique » Bright red chairs connect Banff visitors to nature
December 22, 10:13am

Re: Re: 1.1oz non dwr Bivy?
I am building a bivy with silnylon 2nds for the bottom and M90 on top.. wasn't too expensive.

In Make Your Own Gear » 1.1oz non dwr Bivy?
December 21, 1:48pm

Re: Re: First published gear list - will this work with a new light pack?
Troy, I have a 12-13lb base without any cuben and quite a few luxuries by BPL standards.. even Skurka gets his pack down without cuben. summmer list. shoulder season adds a pound or so http:...

In Gear Lists » First published gear list - will this work with a new light pack?
December 20, 9:01pm

Re: Trying to lighten up more
get a piece of polycro (window shrink wrap. cheap at wallyworld) and skip the mylar and tyvek for less weight and space. You have 2 quilts. you don't need mylar right? Check out GearGrams...

December 17, 10:09pm

Re: knitting
+1 my gf tried to get me to learn but I maxed out when i worked at summer camp with those embroidery thread bracelets that were glorified braiding. She makes really nice things and I enjoy the h...

In Make Your Own Gear » warning to you myog newbies
December 16, 5:44pm

Re: most excellent survivalist RON HOOD
psssst... no one cares ;) (we do care about your gear list.. please post it) i do think we have a lovely Iron Chef Pika battle coming up though.

In Chaff » hatchet vs large survival knife?
December 12, 6:20pm

Re: tiny scissors vs. tiny knife.
Dave, i'm glad you survived with those odds stacked highly against you. i used my knife on the Long Trail only because i didn't have my scissors yet and i cut up an apple someone gave ...

December 12, 2:24pm

Re: Good question, wrong forum.
Ya... Bushcraft site is that way -->>>> for defense a hatchet is damn scary.. i'd run like hell if someone that came at me with a hatchet ;) Opinel #6 and Ti sewing scissors...

December 12, 1:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Jake D

Jake D has posted no reviews.