Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Roan (JRoan) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Vegas
About Me Up high, with the ancient bristlecones, or deep in a slot canyon.
CityLas Vegas
StateNV
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.MountainUltraLight.com
My PDF Gear ListCouples 3 season list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Roan

Showing 151 - 160 of 206 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Food Dehydrator
You just reminded me to check my Excalibur dehydrator...I have some alfredo pasta in it from last night. I'm very happy with it, but it was a bit pricey and I don't have others to compare i...

In GEAR » Food Dehydrator
September 13, 8:08pm

Re: Tent Floors Will Leak, Even When New
Refuge X pitched on snow at a BSA snow camp...silnylon floor, down to low 20's...no water through floor (but body shape melted into snow when I took my tent down)

In GEAR » Tarptent vs MSR
September 10, 11:23pm

Re: Bombproof
"Feels more like I'm on the Backpacker magazine forum, instead of the Backpackinglight forum. Talk about a Twilight Zone moment" Can't we all get along? No, probably not...no...

In GEAR » Tarptent vs MSR
September 10, 10:55pm

Re: Cost
I got the material at this site; www.questoutfitters.com The sylnylon was $3.25 per linear yard (5'wide material), and the 1/2" grosgrain webbing $.35 per yard. They shipped it o...

In Make Your Own Gear » How to make a Tyvek Tarp
September 10, 7:31am

Re: Re: How to make a Tyvek Tarp
Agreed Tim, Tyvek isn't all that light...or waterproof, and silnylon is cheap and easy to sew. And lighter. Example; SMDTyvek 48 x 84 footprint = 6.05oz MYOG 1.1oz (actually 1.3oz) 60 x ...

In Make Your Own Gear » How to make a Tyvek Tarp
September 09, 11:21pm

Re: Help Deciding which Caldera Cone
I highly recommend the Caldera Tri-Ti with the new (not yet on the market Rand?) Inferno stove. Gives you all the options...esbit/alcohol/wood...but this system makes the lightest option - work gre...

In GEAR » Help Deciding which Caldera Cone
September 09, 11:13pm

Re: DEcisions decisions - the right pack
Joe asked "Does your Mariposa have the aluminum stay? Worth the $25 if it doesn't......" Mine is the older model Mariposa, with the two separate stays, but I've found that I do...

In GEAR » DEcisions decisions - the right pack
September 08, 8:47am

Gossamer Gear packs...no regrets!
My wife and I both have GG packs (Miniposa & Mariposa). We've had them for a bit over a year now, and have had great results. I finally removed the waste and sternum straps on mine, as they...

In GEAR » DEcisions decisions - the right pack
September 07, 9:23pm

Re: SpinnTwinn Users
My wife and I use a Spinn Twinn and love it. For solo use, it's more than you need. I would be able to use a narrower tarp for solo use, but the length would be the same. That said, you can alw...

In GEAR » SpinnTwinn users... tarp too big for solo + gear use?
September 07, 8:14pm

Silnylon ground cloth
This is my first MYOG sewing project. I had been using a GG Polycro under my GG SpinnTwinn tarp, but between the sharp rocks we have in the Las Vegas area, and our dogs, I wasn't able to keep t...

In Make Your Own Gear » Silnylon ground cloth
September 06, 3:54pm

All Reader Reviews by John Roan

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs Caldera Stove
My rating is actually 4.5 out of 5 (not an option in the drop down box). I...

In Stoves - Alcohol
November 19, 5:35pm

Trail Designs Ti-Tri Inferno
The guys at Trail Designs have built a reputation for themselves by providing innovative products and excellent customer service. Their Caldera Cone system was a revolution in UL wind screen/pot holde...

In Stoves - Other
August 21, 5:35pm