BPL Community Profile

Ike Jutkowitz (Ike) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central Michigan
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks, with my first backpacking experiences on the Northville-Placid Trail. Avid fly fisherman and runner, occasional rock climber and mountain biker. Now living in Michigan which has put a damper on vertical endeavors.
My PDF Gear ListTrap Hills 3 season gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ike Jutkowitz

Showing 151 - 160 of 905 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...91

Forum » Thread

no drafts in a katabatic wide
I use the katabatic blackwelder 0 degree wide for winter camping. This excellent design has a draft tube that cinches at the neck and more than ample room to tuck the quilt around you, sealing out ...

In GEAR » Colder weather - quilt v bag for side sleeper?
April 16, 3:30am

re: OPSAK
@Scott- The OPSAKs were purchased online from REI at our expense for the purpose of this study. They arrived sealed in the manufacturer's packaging. I had no reason to suspect they were defecti...

In Editor's Roundtable » How Safe Is Your Food? Investigating the effectiveness of odor-proof bags
April 14, 3:49pm

re: Alcohol stove residue
We can only get the 75% stuff here too. Luckily, one of my residents has a girlfriend in Indiana. Once every year or two I have him bring me back a jug of the 95% stuff. Before that, I was using th...

In GEAR » Alcohol stove residue - how toxic is it?
April 13, 1:19pm

re: Alcohol stove residue
I use everclear for this reason (and cause I like to have a splash of it in my evening drink)

In GEAR » Alcohol stove residue - how toxic is it?
April 13, 1:00pm

Re:DPIF
Folks, Please send me your shipping addresses

In Gear Swap » small items- dpif
April 13, 8:26am

small items- dpif
Don't pay it forward. I don't really care. Be selfish. Enjoy White box stove (solo) and windscreen- you pay shipping $5 Coleman keychain compass/thermometer Suunto compass/th...

In Gear Swap » small items- dpif
April 13, 8:03am

MLD cuben duomid
I bought one on gear swap 3 years ago and am still in love with it. I mostly still poncho tarp when 3 season hiking, and use the duomid in winter where it sheds snow well. At 13 oz though, it is li...

In GEAR » If you could have only ONE solo shelter?
April 13, 3:52am

Why avoid them? I love em
Bugs are like bad weather. Prepare for them, but don't let them keep you out of the woods. June and July are awesome for pack rafting, and if you are a flyfisherman (as I sometimes am) you know...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Bug Season in Michigan
April 12, 6:48am

Bugs in lower Michigan
Black Flies/ Deer flies are usually out from Mid-May through Late July. Mosquitoes in August, but not too bad. Late May is tough

In Pre-Trip Planning » Bug Season in Michigan
April 11, 5:17pm

Time for diffusion
Richard and Mary, Thanks for the feedback. It was be interesting to see those tests repeated (ideally with more than an n of 1) , allowing 24 hours for the food to sit in contact with the bags.

In Editor's Roundtable » How Safe Is Your Food? Investigating the effectiveness of odor-proof bags
April 11, 10:42am

All Reader Reviews by Ike Jutkowitz

Ike Jutkowitz has posted no reviews.