BPL Community Profile

a b (Ice-axe) - BPL Guest

My Locale a b hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me a b has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by a b

Showing 151 - 160 of 575 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...58

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: JMT: Help! United/Alaska Air lost my pack & gear!!
The trail gods smile upon you. Cheers and have a great hike!

In Pre-Trip Planning » JMT: Help! United/Alaska Air lost my pack & gear!!
August 02, 6:58pm

What can one person do?
Okay, for the sake of my question, let's assume global warming is man made. What can I do, as a person, to stop it? I live on the west coast of the US where travel by vehicle is mandatory...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
August 02, 6:49pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Very poor flow rate
.. don't chew your fingernails.. we are number one in the #2 buisiness... *&^% flows downhill.. Okay, I had a similar problem with a ceramic filter I used once. I had allowed the elemen...

In GEAR » The Sawyer Squeeze just got better
July 31, 10:42pm

Re: Roger's Review
"I destroyed a toilet once that kept getting stopped up. Just had to know what was going on. Couldn't find anything during the autopsy. Found out later (thanks to having a septic tank) tha...

In GEAR » The Sawyer Squeeze just got better
July 31, 9:53pm

Mammoth Mountaineering supply
Mammoth Mountaineering Supply. 760-934-4191 mammothgear.com hours 8am to 8 pm everyday When I last visited them in 2009 they had GoLite and Osprey packs and a large selection of lightweight ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » JMT: Help! United/Alaska Air lost my pack & gear!!
July 31, 9:20pm

Re: Great Stuff
Not to worry about living in flat country. A very well known hiker friend of mine (dare i say celebrity?) lives in Kansas and has accumulated 14,000+ (oops now 16,180) trail miles on the Triple Cr...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Physical Training
July 24, 11:05pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Bay Area GGG 5.0 BPL members get together!
Sure missed you at last years GGG Doug! I would be happy to step in sh#t for your amusement. :) Hope to see you there!

In Pre-Trip Planning » Bay Area GGG 5.0
July 24, 8:52pm

Re: Physical Training
I trained for my long distance hikes (PCT09 CDT10 AT11) by hiking with exactly the same pack and gear i used while on the trails. (That is to say; I did not overload the pack beyond what i intende...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Physical Training
July 24, 8:28pm

Re: Re: Bay Area GGG 5.0 BPL members get together!
Put me down for splittin' wood and cleanin' the crapper again! (Actually I am the perfect person to do it being a plumber and all I aint squeemish.) Oh.. and I will gladly be the taste...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Bay Area GGG 5.0
July 24, 8:07pm

Mutual Arisings
One of the greatest lessons i have learned recently is how much my attitude affects the world I percieve around me. I am not a trained scientist. As an amateur i know these things are not suppo...

In GEAR » Solo Wilderness Security
July 20, 8:46pm

All Reader Reviews by a b

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Bear Paw Wilderness Designs Minimalist 1 (Bug Bivy)
I used the a Bear Paw Wilderness Designs Minimalist 1 bug bivy every night of my Appalachian Trail thru hike. While there weren't many bugs flying around in mid March when I started, the fully enc...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
July 01, 9:39pm

MLD Patrol Shelter Solo Spectralite Wtih beak
The Mountain Laurel Designs Patrol shelter in translucent green Spectralight (Cuben fiber) is, by far, my favorite single piece of gear after 2180 miles and 98 days on my Appalachian Trail thru hike. ...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
June 29, 11:30pm

Mountain Laurel Designs
Mountain Laurel Designs has proven to me that durability and light weight can co-exist in the universe. Fittingly, my first introduction to MLD occured on the Pacific Crest Trail when a fellow hiker...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 07, 1:03am

Mountain Laurel Designs Spirit Quilt 30
This is my initial review of the Mountain Laurel Designs Spirit Quilt 30 size regular. Weight as measured 19 ounces. Loft as measured 1 & 3/4 inches. I had found that I used my sleeping bag open ...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
February 07, 12:18am

Mountain Laurel Designs Exodus
It was on the Pacific Crest Trail in Sept of 2009 near the end of my thru hike when I first saw another hiker(Lint) using an MLD Exodus frameless pack. Upon examining the craftsmanship of the pack, an...

In Backpacks - Frameless
February 04, 2:21pm