Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ian B. (IDBLOOM) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale PNW
About Me .
My Website URLhttp://nwtrailbum.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ian B.

Showing 151 - 160 of 3714 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...372

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Acurite vs weather station at GGG
I bought an Accurite thanks to this thread and it comes with me on every trip. The only thing I've found that'll throw it off dramatically is when it's exposed to direct sunlight. ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpacking With A Thermometer
November 06, 2:53pm

Re: Re: carbon fiber tripod
"Cheap" and "carbon fiber" are difficult to put in the same sentence when it comes to Tri Pods but I'm watching this thread with great interest with the hopes that someone w...

In Photography » carbon fiber tripod
November 06, 2:40pm

Re: carbon fiber tripod
Here's one option that I have no personal experience with. http://www.mefoto.com/products/globetrotter.aspx#Specifications

In Photography » carbon fiber tripod
November 06, 2:37pm

Re: Are we just kidding ourselves with our chemical water treatments?
Anecdotally I've found chemicals have worked for me all over the world including places like India and Cambodia. I only started using chlorine dioxide a few years ago. Before that, all I used...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Are we just kidding ourselves with our chemical water treatments?
November 06, 12:42pm

Re: WTB: Inexpensive bivy
USGI bivys aren't the lightest thing in the world but they are durable and waterproof. You can certainly do better than $65 http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B008JXV2PM/ref=sr_1_1_ol...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Inexpensive bivy
November 06, 12:00pm

Re: Are you expecting it to rain?"... brain not rain is the reason to normally wear a puffy under a shell
Richard, I don't disagree that what you're saying is true but I also wear the puffy or fleece on the outside of my shell when the conditions are right. Typically what I find when, l...

In GEAR » Which arcteryx hardshell?
November 06, 11:27am

Re: Fat Fatty Fat Fat
I've been losing weight with varying levels of success and motivation since the last GGG. Currently floating around 50 lbs total loss but I need to kick it up a notch in order to force Doug to...

In Chaff » Fat Fatty Fat Fat
November 06, 11:16am

BSC
Bat $#!+ crazy.

In Chaff » Oh Jerry!
November 06, 9:37am

Re: Re: Alpha FL Bust out the tape measurer
Here's their sizing guide. http://www.arcteryx.com/sizing-chart.aspx?EN/men-s-trim-fit-top-sizing-chart Do you use the hand warmer pocket with your current shell?

In GEAR » Which arcteryx hardshell?
November 06, 9:37am

Re: Fiber Optic proposal for Yellow and Grand Teton
It's been a few years since we traveled through Yellowstone and I can't remember what the cell phone signal situation was like. A few years ago, it was amusing to watch people film Old Fai...

In On the Web » Fiber Optic proposal for Yellow and Grand Teton
November 05, 5:19pm

All Reader Reviews by Ian B.

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lawson Equipment Customer Service
I've made a few purchases from Lawson. His glow-wire and ti stakes are my personal favorites in their class. The price has always been fair, shipping has been free, and delivery timely. Yesterd...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 24, 10:34am

ULA Equipment
I ordered a ULA Ohm 2.0 with standard options ~ 4/2013. Chris was very quick to respond to my emails. I had originally ordered a CDT and he was quick to modify my order. Backpack arrived within a f...

June 13, 11:55am

zpacks Company
Well Z Packs continues to live up to their stellar reputation. I ordered a Hexamid Twin a few weeks ago. The posted delivery times were 5-7 weeks on their website. I suspected that spring is a hect...

May 30, 11:31pm