Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ian B. (IDBLOOM) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale PNW
About Me Loves me some hiking.
My Website URLhttp://nwtrailbum.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ian B.

Showing 151 - 160 of 4860 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...486

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Hogwashed Population Bomb
"but if you have the time, please indulge me by reading my post above." I read, and at your prompting, re read your longer response. I don't dispute any of that. My apparent mi...

In Chaff » Population Bomb
July 08, 12:16pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hogwashed Population Bomb
Well you're talking about two different things. Are you suggesting that our population can continue to grow at the rate it is, consequence free? Or are you just taking offense to what the...

July 08, 12:03pm

Re: 10 years on the run from the FBI on the AT - Bismarck
I really need to be assigned and fully funded to go deep undercover on the PCT for a year to hunt down a criminal. Nothing scary like murderers but something along the lines of surface $#!++ers wh...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 10 years on the run from the FBI on the AT - Bismarck
July 08, 11:50am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Prius
"Sorry, but as far as I know, neither Roger Caffin, Nick G. nor Tom K. have ever been to Titan." BADUM CHING!!!! LMAO!

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
July 08, 11:42am

Re: Re: Re: Prius
As technology improves, I think nothing is off the table. Perhaps a day will come when we are driving >500mpg pneumatic hybrid cars on cleanly produced and burned liquefied coal. Seeing wh...

July 08, 11:41am

Re: Re: Hogwashed Population Bomb
I read the article as a historical perspective of how this has been discussed since the '60s and an overview of the talking points. I think Greg Stevens did a great job of presenting opposing ...

July 08, 11:32am

Re: what size tarp negates use of bivy? and other interesting questions :)
I'll ditto that 8x10 is among the safer bets although I would feel fine facing a storm with nothing buy my Grace Solo. "catenary cut? or does that also limit the pitch to A-Frame?"...

In Philosophy & Technique » what size tarp negates use of bivy? and other interesting questions :)
July 08, 10:51am

Re: Re: Re: Toyota Pious
Again declaring for those who only read the OP and last comment on a thread... I've owned a Prius. I liked my Prius. I'd likely buy another Prius. Loves me some Prius. "And reall...

July 08, 10:32am

Re: Prius
The Prius I owned in a prior life had more interior room than the same year production Camry. As people here who've met me can attest, I'm a big dude. It was among the most comfortable ca...

July 08, 9:38am

Re: Re: Population Bomb
I was having this discussion elsewhere this morning. Our area is a mix of hydro, nuclear, and wind power. No coal but certainly not claiming that any of the others are substantially better tha...

July 08, 8:51am

All Reader Reviews by Ian B.

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lawson Equipment Customer Service
I've made a few purchases from Lawson. His glow-wire and ti stakes are my personal favorites in their class. The price has always been fair, shipping has been free, and delivery timely. Yesterd...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 24, 10:34am

ULA Equipment
I ordered a ULA Ohm 2.0 with standard options ~ 4/2013. Chris was very quick to respond to my emails. I had originally ordered a CDT and he was quick to modify my order. Backpack arrived within a f...

June 13, 11:55am

zpacks Company
Well Z Packs continues to live up to their stellar reputation. I ordered a Hexamid Twin a few weeks ago. The posted delivery times were 5-7 weeks on their website. I suspected that spring is a hect...

May 30, 11:31pm