BPL Community Profile

Ian B. (IDBLOOM) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale PNW
About Me .
My Website URLhttp://nwtrailbum.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ian B.

Showing 151 - 160 of 3333 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...334

Forum » Thread

Are meme bumps still allowed?

In Gear Swap » Bumping Not Allowed People
August 26, 8:16pm

Re: 2-3 day run/fastpack- help trim the fat! :)
"I'm not familiar w/ the Wonderland, what's sketchy about Panhandle Gap?" It's the highest point on the Wonderland and you have to traverse a snowfield. It was no big deal...

In Gear Lists » 2-3 day run/fastpack- help trim the fat! :)
August 26, 8:09pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Traveling light
I used to snorkel on an almost weekly basis in Panama. Even with the best of sunblock, I'd still end up with some color. I'd recommend wearing at least a T shirt. I just read something t...

In Philosophy & Technique » Travling light
August 26, 1:36pm

Re: food
"So no bivy at all? What about above treeline when it's rainy and windy?" The Whites are infamous for their weather. I'll give you that. My Hexamid is basically untested ...

In GEAR » Total luxury XUL (SUL) is now possible
August 26, 12:50pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hiking Distance Estimates
"Sounds a lot like Naismiths, with your adjustment for time to tie a shoe, water a tree, enjoy a view." I didn't search or read Naismiths independent of this thread but an earlier ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiking Distance Estimates
August 26, 12:45pm

Re: Storing hydrogen
When I backpacked with an iPhone 4S, I found that if I kept in in airplane mode, only plotted a GPS coordinate (out of airplane mode) a few times per day, took some pictures and a few minutes of vi...

In GEAR » battery pack vs solar panel
August 26, 12:41pm

Re: Total luxury XUL (SUL) is now possible
Re: Lighter options Only thing jumping out at me is swapping the bivy for a normal sized polycryo ground sheet. I have the Hex Twin, not the solo, but it's been a capable shelter for me in ...

In GEAR » Total luxury XUL (SUL) is now possible
August 26, 12:10pm

Re: Re: Re: Hiking Distance Estimates
3 mph? Sure there are people that hike upwards of 4mph but that's hardly average. I'll hike 3 mph on flat trails. Good luck finding a flat trail in the Cascades. I conservativel...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiking Distance Estimates
August 26, 11:04am

Re: That 40-20F sliver?
I'm fine with just my rain shell above freezing. 20-30, I'll pack a puffy for breaks.

In GEAR » That 40-20F sliver?
August 26, 9:37am

Re: 2-3 day run/fastpack- help trim the fat! :)
For the Wonderland, If you're doing 30+ miles days on the Wonderland, I'd skip the down jacket. At that pace, I'd stay warm moving and use the quilt to wrap up in if need be. I...

In Gear Lists » 2-3 day run/fastpack- help trim the fat! :)
August 26, 8:53am

All Reader Reviews by Ian B.

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lawson Equipment Customer Service
I've made a few purchases from Lawson. His glow-wire and ti stakes are my personal favorites in their class. The price has always been fair, shipping has been free, and delivery timely. Yesterd...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 24, 10:34am

ULA Equipment
I ordered a ULA Ohm 2.0 with standard options ~ 4/2013. Chris was very quick to respond to my emails. I had originally ordered a CDT and he was quick to modify my order. Backpack arrived within a f...

June 13, 11:55am

zpacks Company
Well Z Packs continues to live up to their stellar reputation. I ordered a Hexamid Twin a few weeks ago. The posted delivery times were 5-7 weeks on their website. I suspected that spring is a hect...

May 30, 11:31pm