BPL Community Profile

Clayton Mauritzen (GlacierRambler) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale NW Montana
About Me Clayton Mauritzen has not added a biography yet.
StateMontana
My Website URLhttp://longlinerelease.com
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Clayton Mauritzen

Showing 151 - 160 of 830 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...83

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Rings and things
Once, when camped along Granite Rapids in the Grand Canyon, I was putting on some sunblock and decided to take my wedding ring off because I hate to have sunblock gunk up my finger around it. My f...

In GEAR » Gear lost while backpacking.
July 27, 10:24am

Re: thanks
The best pants I have ever used are the Patagonia Rock Craft pants (successors to the Rock Guides). They are lightweight, fast-drying, and block mosquitoes. They're also somewhat slim-fitting...

In GEAR » Recommend a Light-fast drying-no zip off-pant for hot summer hikes
July 25, 2:13pm

re: Sarcasm
Ken, I fully get that you were being sarcastic. The others, not so much. Then again, maybe I missed it.

In Philosophy & Technique » I am BPL my hiking buddy is BPH
July 25, 9:11am

re: Inexperience and Smugness
I think a distinction needs to be made between the heavyweight backpacker and the inexperienced one. Just because most inexperienced people start out hiking heavy doesn't mean that heavy hiker...

July 25, 12:55am

Re: I am BPL my hiking buddy is BPH
My main hiking buddy packs really heavy. He keeps working to lighten up, but as much as he has left behind, he still carries a lot. He manages to have a 25-pound or higher base weight with a fair...

July 24, 9:07pm

Re: Re: Re: fit
Looks great. If you like it, go for it!

In GEAR » Does This Pack Fit?
July 21, 11:24pm

re: Bear Spray
I undo the cinch straps on the hipbelt and run one through the bear spray holster. It stays attached easily, and I can draw from the holster very quickly. The holster is whatever comes with Count...

In GEAR » Upgrades/add-ons to your HMG Porter?
July 21, 12:45pm

re Miguel
Well said, Miguel. Thank you.

In GEAR » Golite/Eureka "NIGOR" Packs.
July 20, 1:29pm

Re: advice
Those are fantastic permits. Fifty Mtn to Granite Park will be a short day, so make sure to take a trip up to the Swiftcurrent Lookout. Honestly, Oldman and No Name Lakes are best done as part ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Glacier National Park
July 19, 10:27am

Re: Re: UL fishing footwear?
I just got back from a trip to the South Fork of the Flathead, and I felt that the NRS neoprene socks plus my trail runners worked very well. My only complaint is the silt and small rocks that g...

In Fishing » UL fishing footwear?
July 18, 10:28am

All Reader Reviews by Clayton Mauritzen

Clayton Mauritzen has posted no reviews.