BPL Community Profile

Franco Darioli (Franco) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Melbourne
About Me Franco Darioli has not added a biography yet.
CityMelbourne
StateVictoria
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Franco Darioli

Showing 151 - 160 of 5016 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...502

Forum » Thread

Mountain Hardware Optic 2.5
If you want you can do something like that with several TT shelters already. With the Scarp 1/2 and Hogback (4) you can do this : or with the SS1/SS2 you can do this : (you would need to rep...

In GEAR » Mountain Hardware Optic 2.5
May 27, 5:57pm

Lightweight Affordable Tarps
From Barry P "There must be something to Tyvek since Shires dumped the silnylon version for Tyvek" That is not correct. Tarptent had two versions of a shelter called Sublite. One ...

In Gear Deals » Lightweight Affordable Tarps
May 27, 5:11pm

Waterproof quilt standalone shelter
Could be just me but I would think that the first time you arrive at camp when it is raining and it keeps raining for the rest of the evening the idea of a bivy only (no tarp) or worse a waterproo...

In GEAR » Waterproof quilt standalone shelter
May 27, 4:56pm

Do I need a special type of down jacket?
I agree with Nathan. I happen to know where and when you are going, so my advice is to take a rain jacket that you can layer on top of the down jacket at camp if you need to. Reason is that you ...

In GEAR » Do I need a special type of down jacket?
May 27, 6:11am

How many F degrees of warmth can a silk sleeping liner and a LW down puffy add?
Alex, If you need three wool blankets on top a sleeping bag at +15c (59f) I would suggest you don't go anywhere near snow or get something rated 20c colder then the temp you expect. BTW, ofte...

In GEAR » How many F degrees of warmth can a silk sleeping liner and a LW down puffy add?
May 26, 6:13pm

Backpackinglight Member Offer: Ultralight Tyvek Mesh Shelter 210 x 120 cm
Yes, Michael Wong (Luxe Outdoor) just confirmed that . It is the same type used by FedEx for their envelopes.

In Gear Deals » Backpackinglight Member Offer: Ultralight Tyvek Mesh Shelter 210 x 120 cm (FREE shipping)
May 26, 4:22pm

How many F degrees of warmth can a silk sleeping liner and a LW down puffy add?
Bolivian stand off. LLamas having an argument. The point of contention is the exact direction to the nearest tree

In GEAR » How many F degrees of warmth can a silk sleeping liner and a LW down puffy add?
May 24, 6:27pm

How many F
I'm following the Giro D'Italia*. The temperature at the start yesterday was 29c,sunny. About half a way into the race it was 14c ,hailing; however not all that far from that , it was ...

May 24, 4:52pm

duck down vs goose down
The fill number is the cubic inch number of 1 oz (28.3 g) of down . So a 550 fill takes up 550 cubic inches and 800 takes up 800 cubic inches, both weighing 1 oz .

In GEAR » duck down vs goose down
May 24, 4:30pm

Anyone used the TT Rainbow in snow
This is my 2005 Rainbow at MT Feathertop (Victorian Alps) in late Spring. That bit of snow froze during the night and getting up in the morning (I was nice and warm ...) I peeled off 2-3mm thi...

In GEAR » Anyone used the TT Rainbow in snow (even inedvertantly)
May 24, 4:18pm

All Reader Reviews by Franco Darioli

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Tarptent Contrail
My rating is based on what this shelter was designed for, and not to be understood as part of the "best tent ever, for anybody ,anywhere" award. Most of the good points have already been co...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
November 07, 4:48pm