BPL Community Profile

Franco Darioli (Franco) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Melbourne
About Me Franco Darioli has not added a biography yet.
CityMelbourne
StateVictoria
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Franco Darioli

Showing 151 - 160 of 4792 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...480

Forum » Thread

The Notch, in the wind, on a platform
All's well that ends well (Bill Shakingspire) First congratulation Stephen, many would have failed. Now for some suggestions . For the line lock slipping I have a video clip that has vari...

In GEAR » The Notch, in the wind, on a platform
January 08, 9:50pm

Japanese beat that
"er... bidet or not, I really don't think that thing would generate enough water pressure to remove a smear of poo from your butt... not completely anyway...' You have a point there...

In Philosophy & Technique » Japanese bidet
January 07, 9:00pm

Vertex Ultralight backpacking stove - 1.8 ounces and packs flat
Nice,elegant design, well done ! (of course I have no idea how it works but looks right to me...) " I'm reminded of the Clickstand stove design" Same here... I could not remembe...

In Gear Deals » Vertex Ultralight backpacking stove - 1.8 ounces and packs flat
January 06, 10:33pm

Wine Bladders????
I posted this shot sometime ago on another forum : . I cannot remember if I unscrewed or popped that out (I think the latter) but I know that I did put it back in and it still worked. There are ...

In GEAR » Wine Bladders????
January 05, 4:15pm

ultralightweight tea kettle
With that long spout and handle looks heavier than that compared to the usual streamlined Trangia like types (900ml) at 160-190g (5.6- 6.7oz). So about 1/3rd less capacity but 1/2 the weight. Mus...

In GEAR » ultralightweight tea kettle
January 04, 11:35pm

Pearls for backpacking in the rain
For me the important part is to get out of the rain quickly when I stop at the end of the day. That is why I like shelters that set up quick and easy and dry inside (fly first) Once I have the sh...

In Philosophy & Technique » Pearls for backpacking in the rain
January 04, 3:43pm

Amusing but questionable direction-finding technique
My guess : 20% of time it aligns N/S 20% of time E/W 20% of time NE/SW 20% of time NW/SE the other 20% of time fits in between at about a 5% occurrence a...

In Philosophy & Technique » Amusing but questionable direction-finding technique
January 04, 2:22pm

Kydex first attempts
The sheath for my Mora 2000 is about 40g (1.4oz). Not something I could fall in love with but it does the job (very well) and I would not have the patience nor the ability to make a better one.

In Make Your Own Gear » Kydex first attempts
January 03, 4:34pm

UL binoculars
If you can head down to the nearest store with a decent range. In the end is what you see that matters. Usually at the same price point Porro prism (offset) are better than roof prism (the straig...

In GEAR » UL binoculars
January 03, 1:56pm

Kydex first attempts
If nothing else now you know that lefties already had a hard time 2000 years ago.

In Make Your Own Gear » Kydex first attempts
January 01, 9:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Franco Darioli

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Tarptent Contrail
My rating is based on what this shelter was designed for, and not to be understood as part of the "best tent ever, for anybody ,anywhere" award. Most of the good points have already been co...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
November 07, 4:48pm