BPL Community Profile

Franco Darioli (Franco) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Melbourne
About Me Franco Darioli has not added a biography yet.
CityMelbourne
StateVictoria
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Franco Darioli

Showing 151 - 160 of 5058 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...506

Forum » Thread

best way to repair netting
Easiest way : https://www.mcnett.com/gearaid/bug-mesh-patch#10660 However sewing a patch will of course work. Slicone is a bit messy but Tenacious tape isn't (the main reason for posting ...

In Make Your Own Gear » best way to repair netting
June 22, 8:32pm

What CF hiking poles have an ALUMINUM bottom section?
my BD Contour have the top section in carbon, the other two are in aluminium. Don't know if they are still on the market but you could look at BD anyway.

In GEAR » What CF hiking poles have an ALUMINUM bottom section?
June 22, 8:23pm

Trekking pole extender
I made some from a curtain rail. Took my trekking pole to the hardware shop to see which size rail fitted into my pole tip. I then used a hack saw to cut the wanted section of it. The ones TT se...

In Make Your Own Gear » Trekking pole extender
June 22, 4:35pm

Camera X-pod solution?
I prefer the Ultrapod because it is more versatile. It is a mini tripod but can be used as a Stick Pics and even to make a waist level monopod or "tripod " (see the thread in the Make Yo...

In GEAR » Camera X-pod solution?
June 21, 5:21pm

Seam sealing silnylon?
If it takes you 10 minutes you are doing it wrong. A minute will do it : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tCyT9p8Uys&list=UU0PuLUKvG7Fxxex5BMVK4vw In the original version of my "seali...

In Make Your Own Gear » Seam sealing silnylon?
June 21, 1:59am

Monoculars
Ian, Are those binos WiFi ? (I see that you have a satellite dish built into your head)

In GEAR » Monoculars
June 20, 9:38pm

Tyvek noise
"I just came to the realization that if both my girlfriend and I carry tyvek ground sheets we are looking at about 10oz" For 10oz you get 2x 6'x4' pieces of Tyvek. Do you need t...

In GEAR » Tyvek noise
June 20, 7:38pm

Ads
"Not sure I have to explain why I clicked on it" it does look like those girls are wearing cotton and as we know cotton kills. So thank you for your concern and well done !

In Chaff » Ads
June 20, 4:26pm

Monoculars
"The Celestron and the Vanguard both have that “offshore” feel to them, which to me feels like workers were forced to assemble these against their will" I visited the Leica , Minox (...

In GEAR » Monoculars
June 20, 4:12pm

Thoughts on Fixing a Slipping Trekking Pole
You can adjust (tighten) a Flick Lock with your thumb nail. You do it with the lock in the open position.

In Make Your Own Gear » Thoughts on Fixing a Slipping Trekking Pole
June 20, 12:45am

All Reader Reviews by Franco Darioli

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Tarptent Contrail
My rating is based on what this shelter was designed for, and not to be understood as part of the "best tent ever, for anybody ,anywhere" award. Most of the good points have already been co...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
November 07, 4:48pm