BPL Community Profile

Eugene Smith (Eugeneius) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Nuevo Mexico
About Me Eugene Smith has not added a biography yet.
CityLas Cruces
StateNew Mexico
CountryUSAish
My Website URLhttp://desertpaincave.blogspot.com
My PDF Gear List2 year old outdated gear list that needs to be updated badly

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Eugene Smith

Showing 151 - 160 of 2594 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...260

Forum » Thread

Re: If you had to choose between a sil Trailstar and Golite sl3
They're both good enough.

In GEAR » If you had to choose between a sil Trailstar and Golite sl3
July 11, 9:16pm

Re: My forest is burning!
Only 30,000 acres? Consider your region fortunate. Welcome to the club.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » My forest is burning!
July 11, 4:47pm

Re: Video of my 1235 gram / 2.72 pound / 1.23 kilo setup for a three day hike
Your video would make a great endorsement for Ziploc.

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Video of my 1235 gram / 2.72 pound / 1.23 kilo setup for a three day hike
July 01, 9:24pm

Re: Recommend a complex carb
How long are you going to be out Adan? Here's an ultra running concoction I'm working on, tried it once and it tasted fine: Cooked sweet potatoes mashed up with a little coconut butt...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Recommend a complex carb
June 22, 3:34pm

Re: Hiking across Kodiak Island, Alaska
Inspiring. Thanks Philip!

In Post-Trip Reports » Hiking across Kodiak Island, Alaska
June 22, 11:08am

Re: Re: Re: Wait a minute, Jen...
Thinking out of the box in Austin could spring about some fresh "microadventures", a term Alistair Humphreys coined for his adventures that are: "close to home, cheap, simple, short...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Austin TX and environs...
June 16, 10:11pm

Re: Staying fit for long hikes
Personally, I would do the bulk of the aerobic conditioning by running trail consistently many weeks/months out prior to a trip/event and then do rest days (non-run/active recovery days) hiking wit...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Staying fit for long hikes
June 16, 10:21am

Re: Austin TX and environs...
I was joined last year on a trip to the Pecos by Ian Schumann who is a BPL member and full fledged Austinite. Great gent. Knowledgeable backpacker and UL gear aficionado. He's not very a...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Austin TX and environs...
June 15, 9:43pm

Attn. Mtbrs. WTT: White Bros. Rock Solid carbon 29er forks for 30F quilt or WM summerlite
I realize that this isn't a backpacking related item, but it is a light item and it can be used to lighten up that bikepacking steed you're building. I purchased this fork new this yea...

In Gear Swap » Attn. Mtbrs. WTT: White Bros. Rock Solid carbon 29er forks for 30F quilt or WM summerlite
June 07, 11:27am

Re: REI limiting returns to one year
Good for them. Perhaps this will force people to become smarter consumers and do some diligent homework prior to making a purchase. So many people who shop at REI make impulse purchases and l...

In GEAR » REI limiting returns to one year
June 04, 1:13pm

All Reader Reviews by Eugene Smith

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs
Ron had my MLD Spinnaker Monk tarp repaired and improved upon free of charge with reinforced tieouts in 1 week, from shipping to Rons' shop, sewn, and shipped back to me, one week! This would nev...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 10, 9:43pm

Golite Shangri La 1
I have owned the Golite Shangri La 1 for several months now and have used it on about 3 trips so far in the desert southwest with variable weather conditions in the mountains and lower regions. F...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
May 16, 7:20am

Western Mountaineering Megalite
I recently used the WM Megalite on a 5 day trip through the Gila with temps at night ranging from the mid 20's to the lower 40's. Light wind was present each evening and the bag and draft tub...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
April 13, 10:00pm