BPL Community Profile

Hamish McHamish (El_Canyon) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale USA
About Me Hamish McHamish has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hamish McHamish

Showing 151 - 160 of 404 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...41

Forum » Thread

_
I went with the Permatex as Anna suggested and it worked great. Perfect consistency, at least at room temp. Easy to work with, no smell. A 1.5 ounce tube was just enough for an OWare 9x9 tarp in...

In GEAR » best practice for seam sealing a new tarp?
August 21, 10:20pm

-
Definitely looks wrong. In addition to the paper hang tag, isn't there a sewn in tag that lists the size? IIRC my WM Caribou has that.

In GEAR » Can this be right? Large difference in WM vs Marmot sleeping bag lengths
August 17, 10:13am

-
I plan to set the tarp up as normal then apply the sealer. Is the Permatex so thin that it will run out of the seam upon application, or does it have enough tack (or tact? haha) to stay in place ...

August 13, 6:00am

best practice for seam sealing a new tarp?
What's considered the best way to seal the seams on a new silnylon tarp? I've seen various methods described but little followup on long term effectiveness and durability. Years ago I us...

August 12, 2:19pm

SODIS
Here is the main site for the SODIS method: http://www.sodis.ch/index_EN Note that they are working on a SODIS bag. Still, you need to be at a fixed site like Roger said but it would be a good ...

In Editor's Roundtable » A Survey of Water Hazards and Water Treatment Methods - Part 3
August 08, 7:20pm

_
I also ditched Platys once they weren't compatible with soda bottle lids. For some reason the design geniuses said "hey, lets make the sides of the Platy lid as smooth and slick as possib...

In GEAR » Sawyer Squeeze Filter Bag Failure
August 07, 9:36pm

-
Me too, I'll try one out.

In GEAR » Prodex Sleeping Pads?
August 01, 11:02am

side/belly quilt sleepers: stopping the chimney effect?
For those quilt users who are side or belly sleepers: how do you 'seal off' the quilt at your head/neck? When I've tried this in cooler weather the heat just flows out as through a chi...

In GEAR » side/belly quilt sleepers: stopping the chimney effect?
July 27, 10:13pm

try before you buy
Try to check out the various waistpacks in person before you buy, if possible. I tried the Talon 4 and no matter what I did I couldn't get it to ride properly on my hips. This is likely '...

In GEAR » Waist pack hydration
July 22, 8:29pm

_
"Lesson learned: quilt width is key." Same lesson I learned, and I have seen others make the same comment. Definitely worth remembering.

In GEAR » Quilt to Bag
July 14, 8:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Hamish McHamish

Hamish McHamish has posted no reviews.