BPL Community Profile

Hamish McHamish (El_Canyon) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale USA
About Me Hamish McHamish has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hamish McHamish

Showing 151 - 160 of 411 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...42

Forum » Thread

_
Dang, sorry guys, I didn't see Dave C's thread; I shoulda searched first. No doubt he's got the detailed info.

In GEAR » Patagonia Capilene 4 Hoody: alternative to the venerable R1 Hoody?
September 08, 9:03am

Patagonia Capilene 4 Hoody: alternative to the venerable R1 Hoody?
Patagonia has a new hoody pullover with a deep chest zip, made in their "new/improved" Capilene 4 material: http://www.patagonia.com/us/product/mens-capilene-baselayer-4-expedition-wei...

In GEAR » Patagonia Capilene 4 Hoody: alternative to the venerable R1 Hoody?
September 07, 7:38pm

_
"For personal protection, it's much lower on the list. The round was designed for full-auto submachine gun use, not one-round hits. It's not much of a stopper." Tell that to th...

In GEAR » FNH Five Seven 1.6lb gun
September 04, 7:36pm

-
This quibbling talk about baseplate compass weights is silly. Go on a diet, lose 4 ounces off your gut, then get the compass that suits your needs. Sheesh... By the way, the compass u choose s...

In GEAR » Lightest functional compass?
September 04, 9:23am

_
Warren, does your pack have a detachable "brain" lid? If so it is really easy to rig a 1" webbing waistbelt for it and convert it into a hip sack. I hike with the Granite Gear Ai...

In GEAR » Fanny/Waist pack
September 02, 11:32am

compasses
Eric said: "the thing about a compass is that you may not need it most of the time ... but when you need it you REALLY need it ..." This. Most of the time you don't need to ...

In GEAR » Lightest functional compass?
September 02, 11:22am

-
John Abela for the win! Between the Sawyer filter, aquamira, and UV systems I am amazed that anyone bothers with pumps anymore, especially LW/UL folks.

In GEAR » Sweetwater Microfilter VS Katadyn Hiker?
August 22, 8:22am

_
I went with the Permatex as Anna suggested and it worked great. Perfect consistency, at least at room temp. Easy to work with, no smell. A 1.5 ounce tube was just enough for an OWare 9x9 tarp in...

In GEAR » best practice for seam sealing a new tarp?
August 21, 10:20pm

-
Definitely looks wrong. In addition to the paper hang tag, isn't there a sewn in tag that lists the size? IIRC my WM Caribou has that.

In GEAR » Can this be right? Large difference in WM vs Marmot sleeping bag lengths
August 17, 10:13am

-
I plan to set the tarp up as normal then apply the sealer. Is the Permatex so thin that it will run out of the seam upon application, or does it have enough tack (or tact? haha) to stay in place ...

In GEAR » best practice for seam sealing a new tarp?
August 13, 6:00am

All Reader Reviews by Hamish McHamish

Hamish McHamish has posted no reviews.