Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Einstein X (EinsteinX) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale The Netherlands
About Me Started hiking somewhere around Y2K, with a 50 pound pack, incl. food, water and fuel.
That dropped down to ~37 pounds incl. f, w & f, which wasn't that bad concidering traditional gear and food for ten days!
Than the UL bug bit me and my gear weight dropped and dropped to a baseweight of ~10 pounds for my Scotland-16-day-Solo.
Going solo for 3 days two nights max, baseweight is down to 4lbs2; Going solo for longer baseweight is down to 8lbs2.
CountryThe Netherlands
My PDF Gear ListGear list TGO Challenge 2008

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Einstein X

Showing 151 - 160 of 345 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...35

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Condensation in Single-walled Shelters: Contributing Factors and Tips for Reduction
In my little experience there are some situations where condensation will just happen. I slept at a tentshow once in early spring. During the day it was nice and sunny and warm (high rel hum) at ni...

In Editor's Roundtable » Condensation in Single-walled Shelters: Contributing Factors and Tips for Reduction
June 21, 7:45am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cuben shelter
Steve, Yep you're absolutely right that you want to avoid a high RH in your tent. However, the only way for water vapour to permeate through any fabric is along a relative humidity differnti...

In Make Your Own Gear » Shelter Brain Storming Ideas ??
May 28, 5:11am

Re: Ultralightweight tarp desired, tent required
Mike, Would a hammock work for you? Eins

In GEAR » Ultralightweight tarp desired, tent required
May 18, 12:26pm

Re: Re: Re: Transportation
Hmmm. Pretty happy to hike in Europe from this persepective. At the end of a hike it's always possible to catch a bus or train back home or back to the car. The downside is off course there isn...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Transportation
May 18, 11:50am

Re: Re: Foot growth
My experience as selling shoes is that older people always give me a size too small. This is because with age the foot gets bigger. Most of those customers are surprised about that, but I know it h...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Have your feet grown?
May 18, 11:39am

Re: Re: Poles
When hiking without poles my hands and fingers get thick. I can put my thumbs in thumbloops but that gets old really fast, so I'm keeping my poles for now. Though on my last hike I did hike a w...

In Philosophy & Technique » SUL packs & trek pole usefulness?
May 18, 11:31am

Re: Waterproofing Maps
Reginald, Nikwax makes a product for map proofing: Eins

In Philosophy & Technique » Waterproofing Maps
May 18, 11:22am

Re: 2 person space blanket
I would like to second the space blanket. If you're carrying one anyway, why not use it as a groundsheet? I'm using mine while camping or on picknicks and it's still going strong. Eins

In Make Your Own Gear » Best Material for Groundsheet?
May 18, 9:50am

Re: Re: Re: Cuben shelter
>...Suppose you quadruple or quintuple that for the shelter you propose? You are still at or under 10 ozs and have a shelter that breathes...< Breathability in any breathable fabric can on...

In Make Your Own Gear » Shelter Brain Storming Ideas ??
May 18, 9:25am

Re: Re: Compact titanal
I just had a couple of Belgian beers so i'll keep it short. Just put my trekking poles on the scale. They weigh in at 430 grams for the pair. Sorry for the confusion. Eins

In Editor's Roundtable » Make Your Own Gear: Carbon Fiber Trekking Poles
May 10, 4:01pm

All Reader Reviews by Einstein X

Einstein X has posted no reviews.