BPL Community Profile

Dondo . (Dondo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Colorado Rockies
About Me Dondo . has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://dondo1.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dondo .

Showing 151 - 160 of 1054 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...106

Forum » Thread

Bison Peak and McCurdy Mounatin
New trip report at Dondo Outdoors.

In Post-Trip Reports » Bison Peak and McCurdy Mounatin
June 19, 9:22am

Re: Well I'll be dipped in DEET!
Permethrin on my clothing and picaridin on my exposed skin. The 20% solutions work better for me than the lesser concentrations.

In GEAR » Well I'll be dipped in DEET!
June 17, 6:20pm

Re: A Thirty Hour Pass: Bison Peak Backpack, Lost Creek Wilderness
Thanks for your report, Paul. Sounds like I was right behind you. I signed the register on Bison at 7:00 AM on the 14th and on McCurdy at 1:30 PM on the same day. Lost Creek..you gotta love it.

In Post-Trip Reports » A Thirty Hour Pass: Bison Peak Backpack, Lost Creek Wilderness
June 15, 5:35pm

Re: LCW
Thanks, Randy. Just back from a few days in LCW. Hiked up Bison Peak and McCurdy Mountain. No snow to speak of. I guessing that all of LCW is pretty much snow free now.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Goose Creek TH Loop Map
June 15, 2:57pm

Re: Not THAT heavy
Now that is funny. Love the sound effects.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Not THAT heavy
June 12, 10:55am

Re: 10 oz ,45" tripod
Hi Franco, I got one when they first came out. It's great to have a tripod with a ball head at this weight. Mine weighs 11.2 oz. Many of the shots of my Costa Rica trip were taken with a Fuji ...

In Photography » 10 oz ,45" tripod
June 08, 6:26pm

Re: Across Iceland by Packraft
What an adventure! And so well documented. From the looks of your photos and video, the weight of your camera gear was well worth it.

In Editor's Roundtable » Across Iceland by Packraft
June 08, 7:22am

Re: The over use of lighters
Mini-bics are cheap and light(0.4 oz.)and they work. I've never had one crushed or vented in the pack. A backup fire source is a good idea, though. In my case, it's a firesteel (0.3 oz.). B...

In GEAR » The over use of lighters
June 06, 9:16pm

Re: Lake Park is snow free
Thanks for sharing your pics, Randy. It's amazing how fast the snow melts in LCW. How are the mosquitoes now?

June 05, 6:10pm

Re: LCW
Nathan, Here's another early season trip in LCW you can try. Just ignore the snowshoes in the first pic. They weren't needed for this trip Randy, keep us posted on conditions around Bis...

June 05, 11:55am

All Reader Reviews by Dondo .

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell U.L.AlpineBurrow Bag #3 Long
Nice review, Mitchell. After our discussion here about this bag back in April, I had a serious hankering after this bag. I really had no need of another bag and managed to resist until the Memorial ...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 29, 8:38pm

Rocky Rocky GTX Socks
Mine fit well. Size 10 slips right over a thin pair of wool socks and my size 9.5 feet. They are comfortable inside my trail runners and do what they claim to do--keep my feet warm and dry in wet, col...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
February 27, 8:01pm

Pacer Poles
Here's something I just posted at the Editor's Roundtable forum. It occured to me that it belongs here as well. Heather, here's something I posted on the TLB general discussion forum a...

In Trekking Poles
December 12, 8:28pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
This is the book I recommend to friends and folks I meet on the trail who are interested in going lighter. It's fun, unpretentious, and lays out the basic ideas in ways that are easy to understand. Do...

In Books and Media
November 23, 8:15am

Eastern Mountain Sports
Craig, good news. The last EMS store in Colorado closed a few months ago so no more tax for you. It was two miles away from my home in Denver and I miss it but I'll admit that I took full advantage o...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
November 21, 9:20pm