BPL Community Profile

Joseph R (Dianoda) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Chicago, IL
About Me After lugging around 45lbs+ through a Nat'l Park or two, I decided UL was the way to go and haven't looked back. URL is to my Geargrams list for most of my 3-season trips. My other hobby is photography, if the destination is worth it, then add 1 to 7lbs to my base weight for camera gear. In case you were curious, my profile avatar image is Buck (aka 9 mile) Creek of the High Sierra Trail in Seki NP.
CityChicago
StateIllinois
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://www.geargrams.com/list?id=3859

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Joseph R

Showing 151 - 160 of 271 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...28

Forum » Thread

Re: WTB old ALPACKA or SHERPA packraft
Hi Chris, I have a used alpacka in need of repair that I had picked up from Roman Dial last summer as a project - well, it's still a project and I'm not sure I'll get a chance to use it...

In Gear Swap » WTB old ALPACKA or SHERPA packraft
April 04, 12:14pm

Eddie Bauer/First Ascent - extra 30% off clearance online - M's Small Peak XV $175 + others
Eddie Bauer is running a promotion giving online clearance items an extra 30% off, and there are a few Peak XV down jackets in stock in men's size small. Shipping is free with code FREE99, whi...

In Gear Deals » Eddie Bauer/First Ascent - extra 30% off clearance online - M's Small Peak XV $175 + others
April 03, 10:42am

Re: Re: Re: Smartwool
FYI: The hood of the midweight hoody is form fitting, based on Smartwool's own pics it seems to be technical piece through and through: http://www.smartwool.com/m-midweight-hoody-8054.html# ...

In Gear Deals » 6pm.com end-of-season
April 02, 12:31pm

Re: What's your favorite day pack suitable for trail running and hiking?
Sweet, I was about to make my own nearly identical post soliciting ideas for a do-it-all daypack suitable for day hiking, trail running, and my primarily use, long distance bike touring (60-80+ mil...

In GEAR » What's your favorite day pack suitable for trail running and hiking?
March 29, 2:55pm

Baladeo 15g $13 + shipping, Klymit inertia X-frame $55 + shipping
They've also got the Baledeo 15g knife for $13 + shipping (another $8...), and the Klymit inertia X-frame for $55 + shipping. I have a Baladeo 22g knife and like it - I rarely use a knife when...

In Gear Deals » Brooks Range Mountaineering Down gear at theclymb.com
March 20, 10:48am

Re: Sizing?
Hi Jon, Regarding size: I have slightly wide feet and wear a 10.5 in most shoes, I'm typically a 10.5 for Inov-8 as well. I had tried an 11 in the flyroc 310's and found them too big - th...

In Gear Deals » Inov-8 @ TheClymb
March 14, 11:23am

Re: Fifty Seven!
FYI, after July 1, you can request REI issue you your dividend back in the form of a check or cash (at retail locations). So, if you would like actual funds for your upcoming thru-hike, or need to...

In Gear Deals » REI Dividend?
March 13, 6:15pm

Re: Re: Inov-8 @ TheClymb
Ha, yeah, I don't post affiliate links, I feel like doing so cheapens the fun of sharing deals with fellow BPL members. I only post deals here if I legitimately think they are good deals.

March 13, 4:26pm

Inov-8 @ TheClymb
I'm not a fan of shameless plugs (so find your invites elsewhere), but TheClymb is having a sale on Inov-8 shoes right now. Available models: M's Roclite 312 GTX - $80 M's Roclite ...

March 13, 10:33am

Re: Re: Re: Stoic Hadron Down Cardigan - $64 plus shipping @ Steep and Cheap.com
After spending some time with the pullover, I'm impressed. Stoic has made an excellent down pullover for UL 3-season backpacking and the value from SAC is almost unheard of. The only bad thing...

In Gear Deals » Stoic Hadron Down Cardigan - $64 plus shipping @ Steep and Cheap.com
March 10, 7:24pm

All Reader Reviews by Joseph R

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Rab Xenon Jacket
The Rab Xenon (Spring '11) is a lightweight, well-featured synthetic insulation puffy jacket - my men's medium comes in at just under 10.4oz (294.3g - this is unmodified weight less retail tag...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
September 29, 2:55pm

Western Mountaineering Ultralight Super
Love it. I use a silk liner and wear a 200 weight merino beanie to sleep almost regardless of temperature to help keep the bag clean. Additionally, with said liner and beanie plus lightweight basela...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
May 16, 1:07am

Rab Infinity Down Jacket
Update 3/15/2012: I found a great deal on this jacket and took the plunge once again, this time for keeps, and have also revised my score from a 4 to 5. Why the change of heart? Well, a lot can ch...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
March 28, 4:31pm