Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 151 - 160 of 2899 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...290

Forum » Thread

Re: Not so UL.
But it is lighter than packing in four sawyers and four handsaws. Says the guy who got kicked out of a wilderness area for carrying a chainsaw.

In Winter Hiking » Not so UL.
February 01, 8:05pm

Re: Disposable water bottle + esbit + rocks = emergency day hiking stove?
There's also the trick of using paper as a pot. As long as it is filled with water, a sheet of binder paper will work as a pot. Some types of folds and origami work better than others, and it...

In Multiple Use Gear » Disposable water bottle + esbit + rocks = emergency day hiking stove?
January 29, 11:39am

Re: Re: Alaskan contingent
Manfred: Thanks, but I'll have a rental car because I'll continue on from GGG late Sunday morning to see more relatives in the East Bay. But thanks!

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » California GGG #7 - Jan 29 to Feb 1, 2015
January 29, 10:08am

Non-collapsible.
I like my Chrome Dome and trust its non-collapsible handle more than the cheap collapsible (and typically heavier than 8 ounces) versions. HOWEVER, it is a bit of a pain when I fly with it - I hav...

In GEAR » convince me: collapsible vs non-collapsible trekking umbrella
January 28, 3:10pm

Re: Spotting scope vs binos
Ian: I can see the need for a spotting scope when going for sheep for just the reason you state - to confirm 3/4 or full curl or whatever the local rules are. And, yeah, avoiding hiking from one r...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Hunting: Towards a Coherent Definition
January 28, 3:02pm

Looking south (from the land of tasty critters)
>"-At 51 oz for a spotting scope and 23 oz for binoculars, I have to ask, do you truly need both? " Yeah, my thought, too. Binocs, spotting scope, scope on rifle - that's an aw...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Hunting: Towards a Coherent Definition
January 28, 1:39pm

Re: Prescription Goggles - thread drift
I have a great answer to a different question. And maybe have an answer to your Q. SWIM goggles are available on eBay for as little as $7.50 in mild, moderate and strong corrections and those h...

In GEAR » Prescription Goggles
January 28, 1:11pm

Professional samples
Best of all is to ask your provider for a professional sample of the creamy medicine. I carry a tiny, tiny little tube of the newest, best anti-fungal cream in case a a day of wet feet develop int...

In GEAR » Gelatin capsules
January 28, 12:55pm

Alaskan contingent freebies
"Hot dang" - yeah, especially when you and I start refilling butane canisters with propane for better cold-weather performance without all that annoying heavy steel to contain it! Some...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » California GGG #7 - Jan 29 to Feb 1, 2015
January 27, 10:53pm

Re: Any paragliders here?
In the USA, paragliders are classified as unpowered, ultralight aircraft and as such, no license is required, as far as the FAA is concerned. You do have to stay out of controlled airspace, away f...

In Other Activities » Any paragliders here?
January 27, 7:47pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.