BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 151 - 160 of 2288 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...229

Forum » Thread

Re: Looking for Recomendations for Shorts
Patagonia Baggie shorts are hiking shorts, swim suits, and suffice around town. You can't kill them or even tear them. A friend sharpened his metal-edged skis so much he shaved his leg in a fal...

In GEAR » Looking for Recomendations for Shorts
January 27, 1:27am

Look who just went through security
Just ahead of me at TSA in ANC, 5 minutes ago: But it had a vest on that said "I am a service dog. things4dogs.com" so it's all just fine.

In On the Web » Canine thru-hike of CDT
January 26, 9:57pm

Re: Zebralight
Having caved a lot in a past life, I'd use a 0.01 lumen mode as a survey point as my surveyor partner got a bearing and azimuth doing a foresight and then I'd look in the reverse direction ...

In GEAR » Zebralight
January 26, 8:50pm

Re: Skirts
>"However, I do wear thin bike-short things underneath to stop chafing (I'm trying to find some underwear shaped like this for simplicity)." Anna, I've got some of these:...

In GEAR » women wearing skirts
January 23, 9:28pm

Re: Re: Roll-Your-Own Toilet Paper
>"To me, if you are using regular toilet paper that cannot get wet, you have failed from the start." I just multi-purpose the Tyvek ground cloth. It cleans up pretty well in the ne...

In GEAR » Roll Your Own Toilet Paper
January 23, 6:18pm

Re: women wearing skirts
My wife and many active women in my Alaskan town are using those zippered, insulated skirts around town and while Nordic skiing. They add a moderate amount of warmth and the zipper lets one regulat...

In GEAR » women wearing skirts
January 23, 9:16am

Re: New Here, and Returning Backpacker
As you transition to lighter gear, there can be sticker shock. But if you get your head around just NOT bringing some things, the initial weight savings are free. Spend an extra 6 minutes in camp...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New Here, and Returning Backpacker
January 23, 1:30am

Re: Re: Roll-Your-Own Toilet Paper
>"I just club a rabbit when I need to go. " Bear and Rabbit are chatting in the forest. Bear asks, "Don't you hate how the poo sticks to your fur?" Rabbit, "The...

In GEAR » Roll Your Own Toilet Paper
January 23, 1:16am

Re: Re: A study was done...
Rather than relying on intake, I tend to look at output (admittedly easier for pointers than setters). My MD wife focuses on 30 ml/hour as the minimum output for proper kidney function. You can...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Is the weight of water that you've already drunk that much different from the weight of carried water?
January 23, 1:13am

Re: re: See what it looks like when a grizzly bear gets an MRI
Gary, I did the same thing. MRI and bear don't go together in my head. Kind of "jet plane" "destroyed skyscraper" didn't fit in my head for the longest time that mo...

In On the Web » See what it looks like when a grizzly bear gets an MRI
January 22, 10:51am

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.