BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 151 - 160 of 2476 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...248

Forum » Thread

There's potential there.
There are a lot of good ideas in play there - the very inexpensive nature of such a filter, including the water-safety tips on different pages and the feel-good aspects of rich Westerners donating...

In On the Web » Simple paper water filter under development
May 09, 1:28pm

LOL
>"What will be next herbal supplements?" +1, Marko. But Tom wins the thread with, "These people have no sole......." So many class-action suits really frost me becau...

In GEAR » Vibram settles lawsuit over FiveFingers health claims
May 09, 10:52am

Re: Re: the opposite of ultralight
Ken: That looks like the Bear Valley Trailhead at Point Reyes. That's an impressive amount of stuff, but I've seen (and done) worse on that trail.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » the opposite of ultralight
May 08, 9:51pm

Flatlanders
>"I live in Houston, so it's impossible to find any sort of hike to replicate a mountain adventure. I typically build my base on a treadmill at 15-18% incline or a stairmill. " ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Training for Backpacking
May 08, 8:48pm

Cheap DIY Bikepacking
Jake, I just googled "kitty litter panniers" and, you're right - those no ends of pics and details and instructions. One detail I liked was putting reflective letters on the back:...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » 130 miles in two days?
May 07, 10:14pm

Re: The Era of Lighter-Than-Air Backpacking is Here!
It's better than that. With a 30-foot diameter, 15-foot radius ballon, you'd have 4/3 * pi * r^3 = 4500 * pi or 14,000 cu cubic feet. That displaces slightly over 1000 pounds of air. You...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » The Era of Lighter-Than-Air Backpacking is Here!
May 07, 8:54pm

Re: Technique: Trimming Toenails Mid Hike?
I've seen that recommendation (to not clip toenails mid- or immediately-prior-to-a-trip), for instance on a pretty well-done blog by regular GCNP hikers. And I have some sense of that for myse...

In Philosophy & Technique » Technique: Trimming Toenails Mid Hike?
May 06, 11:18pm

Car tunes
>" "voulez-vous (ah-ha)Take it now or leave it (ah-ha)Now is all we get (ah-ha)Nothing promised, no regrets Voulez-vous (ah-ha)" for > 3000 miles.) " A friend up here l...

In Philosophy & Technique » Has UL backpacking changed the way you live?
May 06, 3:03pm

Packing books.
>"I have too many books . . . It is especially an issue whenever I move! " A geologist co-worker explained why he always had to be making new friends. See, geologists like rocks. ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Has UL backpacking changed the way you live?
May 06, 2:58pm

Re: Ambronite - healthy alternative to Soylent?
Compare to peanut butter: 4 ounces is $0.60 and contain 666 calories. Mine seems to last on the shelf for many months.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Ambronite - healthy alternative to Soylent?
May 05, 10:44pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.