BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 151 - 160 of 2358 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...236

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: "Video: how to release pet dog from trap"
"I thought you placed traps in water so animal drowns before damaging the pelt or escaping." Sure, for beaver and muskrat. Possibly for mink - they are almost as aquatic as their cous...

In Philosophy & Technique » Video: how to release pet dog from trap
March 05, 11:15pm

Re: "Video: how to release pet dog from trap"
Dena, >"5' from the center of a trail is crazy, I'm shocked that's legal. " I'm with you on that, but I suspected it was perfectly legal in Alaska. It certainly ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Video: how to release pet dog from trap
March 05, 7:46pm

Re: No-cook/Stoveless/soaking method for PCT Thru.
Tabouli is no-cook option you can enhance with dried parsley and dried onions for cheap, especially in bulk. Wild onions can be found in meadows (check for that distinct onion smell!!!). I'v...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » No-cook/Stoveless/soaking method for PCT Thru.
March 05, 8:31am

Iodine
>"Iodine tablets (cause I can't find any with taste remover incorporated)." And you won't. Because if the taste remover was in the iodine tablet, the iodine wouldn't wo...

In Gear Lists » HELP HELP HELP!!!
March 04, 7:48pm

Training
Cool. I didn't know those existed. So you'll be totally legal. And if you bonk partway there and stealth camp somewhere and get noticed, at least you were TRYING to be legal and just cou...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Las Vegas Hikes
March 04, 2:23pm

Maybe just a cable?
Another approach: I got some 3-way cables off ebay. One end plugs into a standard USB charger and then there's a iPhone2-3-4 male, a iPhone5-style male and a mini-USB that some other phones...

In GEAR » Looking for multiple usb wall charger
March 03, 8:06pm

Re: Re: Re: Las Vegas Hikes
Oh, right! I forgot about the option of a R2R2R by camping on the opposite rim. For me, it'd be worth the $175 room versus the $20 campground to get a room in one of the lodges on one rim a...

March 03, 7:55pm

Re: Las Vegas Hikes
Early May is a good time in the Grand Canyon. Too late for Death Valley. Too early for the White Mountains or Sierra. R2R is a great hike, but, yeah, requires some substantial logistics to g...

March 03, 3:20pm

Re: New Yorkers paying over $8,000 for beard transplants
Seeing as no one under 30, of either gender, has pubic hair anymore, I assume that's where they transplant from. "Two birds with one tweezer" and all that. Another option for thos...

In Chaff » New Yorkers paying over $8,000 for beard transplants
March 02, 8:03pm

Re: Shouldn't a rain jacket ALWAYS be high visibility?
No arguments against your thoughts - my thoughts would be the same. Hi-vis is always safer except when someone is shooting at you. But my feelings differ. On a hike, I can often look for miles...

In GEAR » Shouldn't a rain jacket ALWAYS be high visibility?
March 02, 12:03am

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.