Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dave Heiss (DaveHeiss) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Backpacker since 1973, started going lighter in 2003
CityCamano Island
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dave Heiss

Showing 151 - 160 of 287 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...29

Forum » Thread

Prices now include shipping
Great deal on a really nice down bag - good choice for a scout or venture crew member. And why not pick up the caldera cone too, while you're at it!

In Gear Swap » EMS 20 degree down bag, Caldera Cone system
January 03, 12:08pm

FS: EMS 20 degree down bag, Caldera Cone system
EMS Cold Snap 20 Sleeping Bag (Long) - SOLD Great deal on a warm, high quality down sleeping bag rated to 20 degrees. Backpacker Magazine recommended it in their 2003 Gear Guide. Features 725 down...

In Gear Swap » EMS 20 degree down bag, Caldera Cone system
December 30, 2:30pm

Pivetta 8's??
Vincent, Wow, I had a pair of Pivetta 8's that I bought in the mid 70's and wore for about 10 years. God I hated those boots! They were unbelievably stout, and never really did "bre...

In GEAR » Your Best Gear of 2010
December 27, 3:47pm

Backcountry gift certificate
...or a pair of Ex-Officio Give-n-Go briefs for $5, including shipping.

In Gear Deals » Backcountry.com $20 Gift Certificate
December 23, 1:43pm

Possum Down Socks - Over/Under?
I’m going to start using BPL’s Possum Down Socks as sleeping socks, and I’m curious if anyone who owns them can comment on how to get the best (warmest) results. Do I wear them next to the sk...

In GEAR » Possum Down Socks - Over/Under?
December 14, 5:36pm

iPhone 4 on the trail
John, I'm a new iphone4 user, and after looking at all the available GPS apps I think GaiaGPS is probably the one I'll use. My question to you is about removing the phone's SIMM card...

In GEAR » Solid iPhone GPS App
December 14, 3:59pm

iPhone 4 GPS apps
I switched to an iPhone 4 a few weeks ago, and I like the multi-function idea of using it as my GPS device. I only use GPS on occasion, primarily to verify my location in situations where there mig...

In GEAR » Iphone GPS apps
December 02, 4:20pm

Tyvek pants
I used to use O2 Rainwear (still wish they made them in other colors), and I've also used the Driducks/Drop Stopper brand, and compared to those Propore garments I would say Tyvek is more durab...

In GEAR » Once and For all... Best Rain Pants under 7 oz?
November 30, 12:44pm

How about Tyvek?
You could also check out the Tyvek pants from US Plastics. The XL size I use weigh less than 3oz per pair. They're not stylish, and they're not bulletproof, but they work just fine for most...

In GEAR » Once and For all... Best Rain Pants under 7 oz?
November 29, 5:51pm

Mirage 1P headroom
Your review is great but doesn't note the 1P's headroom. What is the max interior height? Edit: FYI, on the Big Sky website the 1P headroom height is listed as 41 inches.

In Editor's Roundtable » Big Sky International Mirage 1P Tent Review
November 17, 10:10am

All Reader Reviews by Dave Heiss

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Versalite
Andrea - I'm looking forward to your opinions on the Versalite 50. I've still got that pack on my short list, and hope you can provide some input on its comfort and functionality. My only conc...

In Backpacks - External Frame
August 13, 5:37pm

02 Rainwear Rain Suit
I also have an O2 Rainwear suit. I picked up a pair a few years ago and have been really happy with the performance, but I still wince at the screaming yellow color every time I put them on. It is def...

In Clothing - Raingear
March 26, 11:34am