Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Chris Lucas (ChemE) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SC
About Me Chris Lucas has not added a biography yet.
CityColumbia
StateSC
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListSUL 3-Season Full Comfort

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris Lucas

Showing 151 - 160 of 256 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Forum » Thread

CT1K.18 Coming?
Apparently one of our beloved cottage gear manufacturers may order a roll of CT1K.18 early next year. I call dibs on the fist 6 yards!

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben fiber product codes
November 06, 12:10pm

Tearing Apart CT Codes
I wound up fooling around with the product codes and weights a little more and have managed to establish that the thickness of the mylar is in mils (thousandths of an inch) per layer. For instance...

November 05, 3:13pm

Floors
I've also considered going with CT0.0K.5 for a tent floor which it turns out is insanely cheap! I kid a little since we're geeking out on CT products but honestly I think 100 gauge mylar m...

November 05, 2:17pm

How About 3 Mil Mylar?
There is no call for spectra if puncture is the main concern. Mylar at decent thicknesses is incredibly difficult to puncture. As others have said, I would make sure the side flaps are sealed up ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Tough Off Trail Rain Cape
November 05, 10:11am

Sweet!
Thanks for the additional data. I've updated my chart to reflect it. Sure wish we could get an actual weight from CT on the CT3.5K.18. I've also emailed them about CT1K.18 or even CT0.6K...

November 04, 11:37pm

Unpublished Part Numbers
Dan, How sure are we as a community of the weights of these unpublished part numbers such as CT3.5K.18 and CT5K.18? I wish CT would just keep their data sheet up to date! Note there is a discr...

November 04, 11:09pm

Re: gram per square meter to oz per yard

November 04, 9:44pm

Fair Enough
I wasn't sure if both the inward facing and outward facing sides of the top and bottom were aluminum or not. The bubbles would indeed provide the air gap thus rendering the radiant barrier eff...

In GEAR » Reflectix Material for Ground Cloth
November 04, 5:48pm

Warp Break Strength
Or do we just assume that it has the same warp break strength as CT3.5K.08?

November 04, 5:30pm

CT3.5K.18
Has anyone seen any specs for this product code yet? I've emailed Jon at Cubic Tech about it but he hasn't responded to me yet.

November 04, 5:19pm

All Reader Reviews by Chris Lucas

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
So Santa brought me a men's small for Christmas. The fit for me is perfect. I'm 5'6" 130 pounds and typically wear a 14.5 32-33 dress shirt. I have full range of motion in this siz...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 25, 3:16pm

Patagonia Capilene 1 T-Shirt
Men's Size small: 114 grams Dries completely in a few hours and is very soft and comfortable. Of course, since it is synthetic it stinks to high heaven after two days of light use.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
June 12, 9:39am