BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 151 - 160 of 2107 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...211

Forum » Thread

Re Re Plastic Frame Sheet
Yes my understanding is its just between the stays. All HMG Porters have a foam pad across the whole back of the pack. Its really hard to tell the difference between those with the plastic and tho...

In Gear Swap » F.S. Customized Zimmerbuilt Pack
April 03, 5:30am

Re Does this Author Hate Zpacks
David has only been a Gossamer Gear ambassador for a short while. He was using rugged packs way before that. The arc blast is definitely a cool design but its not the most durable in the world ac...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Grocery Sack Grows Up: A Genealogy of the Modern Ultralight Backpack
April 02, 10:09pm

Plastic Frame Sheet
The plastic frame sheet is sewn into the pack so its non-removable. The pack has twin aluminium stays that can be removed and bent to fit your own back. Between the frame stays the plastic frame s...

April 02, 3:09pm

Prices Lowered on HMG Porter and Zimmerbuilt Packs
Lowered the prices a bit. Now HMG Porter for $270 Zimmerbuilt Orange Pack for $165 Zimmerbuilt Black and Red Pack for $250

April 01, 5:36pm

Re Porter
Good catch Philip the Porter is size Large, not sure why I said "Long"

April 01, 8:05am

Torso Length
I had the hipbelt sort of hiked up tall at that point. It took the weight off my shoulders but it didn't anchor as well and dug into my stomach a bit. I hike most of the day with it to try it...

March 31, 8:47pm

New Packs for Sale
Totally updated the post with new packs for sale.

March 31, 7:35pm

Now I'm REALLYcoming
Just pulled the trigger on a used Yukon Yak complete with cruiser spray deck. I can't wait. I should be able to get on a lake over Easter and practice a bit. Hopefully then some mild whitewa...

In Packrafting » APA Packraft Roundup, July 11-13
March 30, 11:08pm

Re pack
Okay the Quest makes more sense. I looked at a Quest very briefly in an REI once but didn't do much with it. Golite packs tend to be decent quality so I think it would be a good deal for the ...

In GEAR » Torso length and sizing for GoLite packs
March 30, 8:20pm

Don't
For 40-45 pounds you need a real frame don't even consider the Jam. I'd suggest the Exped Lighting. It comes in a 45 and a 60 liter version. Its normally pretty pricey ($250) but I...

In GEAR » Torso length and sizing for GoLite packs
March 30, 6:55pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.