BPL Community Profile

Barry P (BarryP) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Eastern Idaho (moved from Midwest)
About Me Electrical Engineer by trade. Hobbies include recumbent bike riding, magic, piano, music compostion and of course backpacking.

Backpack monthly with scouts or other small group. Love the exercise and alertness it brings. Ray Way caught my eye in 2001. My load lightened. Because of that, able to go faster, farther, AND still smell the roses. Love the lightweight insight on this forum. I'm also a Teva sandal backpacker. My feet love them.
StateID
My PDF Gear ListBarry's Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Barry P

Showing 151 - 160 of 350 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...35

Forum » Thread

Re: Using Orthotics with Tevas
“Does your wife find that the straps on the Tevas are sufficient to keep her orthotics from sloshing around underfoot? And what about the issues of wearing socks with Tevas?” The straps wor...

In GEAR » Does Such a Shoe Exist
May 02, 4:31pm

Re: Need Heel Lift
“…found they lack sufficient (or any) heel lift…” My wife likes a heel lift and she wears her orthodics with the tevas. She doesn’t do it all time; only when she’s trying to get rid ...

May 02, 2:30pm

Re: Does Such a Shoe Exist
“Does anyone make a really stiff sole, mesh top (or otherwise nice and breathable) hiking shoe? Something available in the US.” Well, that description matches my teva terra fi2 (and 3). It...

May 02, 1:20pm

Re: Sleep pad for side sleepers.
OK, you side sleepers; how do you sleep w/o getting a numb arm after ½ hour? I always get a numb arm on my neoair (and prolites and all CCF) so I’ve just been sleeping on my back or front. Tha...

In GEAR » Sleep pad for side sleepers.
April 05, 10:40am

Re: Getting ticketed for stealth camping
Maybe if I would have stealth camped I wouldn’t have gotten written up. The ranger told the 3 of us, on the River To River trail in southern IL, this could be a $300 ticket but “you didn’t kn...

In Philosophy & Technique » Getting ticketed for stealth camping
April 05, 9:58am

Re: Zia titanium pot supports for sale
That came in so nice, I'm ordering another one! -Barry

In Gear Swap » Zia titanium pot supports for sale
April 03, 12:06pm

Klymit pic Re: Klymit x-frame, Katabatic Bivy. GoLite Poncho Tarp.
On that Klymit pic--- a few questions: If the boots are lightweight, I wouldn’t mind buying those. Are the cans for sale? I can make some nice stoves. I’m curious how you got a rabbit to po...

In Gear Swap » Klymit x-frame, Katabatic Bivy. GoLite Poncho Tarp.
March 30, 1:00pm

Re: WTB: 20 Degree bag
The 20F Burrow quilt is $229 brand new. 21oz. http://www.hammockgear.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_10&products_id=2 Just another idea. -Barry

In Gear Swap » WTB: 20 Degree bag
March 30, 9:21am

Re: Re: FS: TILLEY LTM8 7 7/8
PM Sent -Barry

In Gear Swap » FS: TILLEY LTM8 7 7/8
March 29, 10:35am

Re: does your down sleeping bag have continuous baffles?
I have not learned to appreciate continuous baffles. I so love our WM Caribou and POD30 (but recently sold). They are box stitched and thus I never had to worry about the down shifting during the n...

In GEAR » does your down sleeping bag have continuous baffles?
March 28, 2:00pm

All Reader Reviews by Barry P

Barry P has posted no reviews.