Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Arapiles . (Arapiles) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Melbourne
About Me Arapiles . has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Arapiles .

Showing 151 - 160 of 775 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...78

Forum » Thread

Re: American manufacturers ripped off by Aussie greed
"DW, please tell us how much is to rent a 3 bedroom house in Tokyo compared to Melbourne or how much it is to eat there western style. Somehow I think it is disingenuous to ignore some of tho...

In GEAR » American manufacturers ripped off by Aussie greed
July 20, 4:49am

Re: Re: Re: American manufacturers ripped off by Aussie greed
"I find that highly doubtful. The reason that we don't include weekends in leave is that we are NOT paid for weekends. Salaried employees in the US are paid for 40 hours of work per week, ...

July 20, 4:21am

Re: American manufacturers ripped off by Aussie greed
"This proves just how little the average person (IE not an employer/shopkeeper) knows about the reality of doing business. (no offence DW, most of my co-workers and even some of the managers ...

July 19, 8:30am

Re: There will be a major change in Retail Pricing In the near future
"Import taxes add around 10% on top of all goods imported over $1000. Plus another 10% for GST paid by the retailers." Any GST a retailer pays would be claimed back as an input - it...

July 18, 7:53am

Re: Ultralight Outdoor Gear UK for Australians
These guys have the Antelope MF for £430 ... it's not the GWS but you're probably better off without a membrane in there anyway .... and you can take off 20% VAT, so it works out at £371....

July 18, 5:31am

Re: Re: American manufacturers ripped off by Aussie greed
"And American workers generally do NOT get 30 days a year off with pay!" Neither do Australians - the standard is 20 days a year, not 30. Don't know what the other 12 days are tha...

July 18, 4:59am

Re: Australians ripped off by rent-seeking retailers
Franco Sorry, the prices Australian retailers and importers want just aren't justifible. Their pricing has more to do with econmomic rent-seeking arising out of import monopolies and Austra...

July 18, 4:42am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Six Moon Designs Trekkers Arrive
I corresponded with Kurt a few times when the UL world was much smaller and am a little less sanguine about the similarities of these tents to Kurt's design - which was very original at the time.

In GEAR » Six Moon Designs Trekkers Arrive
July 12, 4:43am

Re: Re: Six Moon Designs Trekkers Arrive
"Great looking shelter, it is amazing how similar this is to a LH Solo." Judy Gross happily admits that she copied Kurt Russel's Wanderlust Gear Nomad (which was an excellent desig...

In GEAR » Six Moon Designs Trekkers Arrive
July 11, 5:12am

Membrane/PU coating
"A waterproof/breathable membrane (in this case the Pertex Shield DS) is laminated to one side ... " Just to be picky - a PU coating isn't a membrane - and the Pertex marketing b...

In Editor's Roundtable » GoLite Tumalo Storm Jacket & Pants Review
July 05, 3:49am

All Reader Reviews by Arapiles .

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Nuwai 1 Watt (HLX-712L)
I bought this light from Battery Junction for a ridiculously cheap price, at least when compared to what retailers charge for headlights in Australia. Because CR 123 batteries are so extraordinarlily...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
August 31, 6:16pm

Montbell Versalite
I tried this pack on in the store when they first came out in Japan last year. I love the look and features but like a lot of the Mont Bell packs I found the straps rubbed on my neck/shoulder muscles...

In Backpacks - External Frame
May 02, 3:11pm

Patagonia Houdini Wind Jacket
(Actually I'd give it a 3.5 if that was an option.) I'm trying to replace a now very old Patagonia pneumatic anorak but the Houdini doesn't quite get there. Positives: it's very ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
April 05, 2:09pm