BPL Community Profile

Andy F (AndyF) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Andy F hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Andy F has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListWet-cold winter

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy F

Showing 151 - 160 of 1132 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...114

Forum » Thread

Re: Newbie With Questions
Mark, try a Ridgerest 3/4 length pad first just because it's one of the cheapest and lightest options. I have a nice inflatable pad (full length Exped SynMat UL7), but I'm playing with goin...

In GEAR » Newbie With Questions
September 07, 8:15am

Sold
sold and shipped to Jeff

In Gear Swap » Tarptent Moment with optional liner
September 06, 8:07pm

Re: Newbie With Questions
For that price, your best shelter for fall/winter in that area is probably an 8x10 silnylon flat tarp. Learning to pitch it in different conditions and sites is an ongoing thing--might as well get ...

In GEAR » Newbie With Questions
September 06, 9:16am

Re: not reliable
"The last time I went OPSAK-only, a raccoon promptly dragged away all our food." Did your food bag contain tortilla chips? Once while car camping, I left the tortilla chips sitting ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Opsack instead of hanging food
September 05, 1:41pm

SOLD: Tarptent Moment with optional liner
SOLD I have a Moment I've been thinking about selling. I decided that I like other shelters I have better. * Optional liner and original stakes included * Tyvek groundsheet included, ...

In Gear Swap » Tarptent Moment with optional liner
September 05, 11:51am

Re: Rate my sleep system
I'd guesstimate 20F.

In GEAR » Rate my sleep system
September 04, 10:37pm

Re: Re: Safe swimming-distance from lake-outflux?
Jim: Yes, that's our Lost Lake campsite. (Which reminds me that I have trip photos to share with you!)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Safe swimming-distance from lake-outflux?
September 04, 8:56am

Re: Safe swimming-distance from lake-outflux?
1.1 km = 0.68 miles Depending on the wind and lake currents, you might actually be swimming longer, or exerting more effort. That's a long swim in freezing glacial water! I'd say the ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Safe swimming-distance from lake-outflux?
September 03, 7:49am

Re: So, what gun ?
;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppOXpyhM2wA

In Chaff » So, what gun ?
September 02, 8:17pm

Re: Shoe/Sock combination for snowshoeing in Slovakia (Velkej Fatry)
Sounds like a fun trip! Gaiters tend to be made for boots, and they allow some snow in the top of the shoe sometimes which has a chilling effect. If this happens often, it could keep your feet chil...

In Winter Hiking » Shoe/Sock combination for snowshoeing in Slovakia (Velkej Fatry)
September 02, 3:54pm

All Reader Reviews by Andy F

Andy F has posted no reviews.