Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Andy F (AndyF) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Midwest/Midatlantic
About Me Andy F has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListWet-cold winter

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy F

Showing 151 - 160 of 1325 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...133

Forum » Thread

Re: Can I just stuff my shelter in? And…line length ?
Uh oh! The larkshead guyline attachment won't work with line locs. I didn't realize this tent had them there.

In GEAR » Can I just stuff my shelter in? And…line length ?
August 11, 9:29am

Re: Am I crazy, or does Paclite not work?
I wouldn't expect even my eVENT Packa to vent enough perspiration to keep me dry in the summer while backpacking. There's just not much humidity differential for the vapor to go from the in...

In GEAR » Am I crazy, or does Paclite not work?
August 11, 12:05am

Re: Can I just stuff my shelter in? And…line length ?
Nice selection of shelters there. I often just roll or stuff my shelters and put them into my pack. I have several Tarptents, a tarp, and a double wall BA Copper Spur UL1. If there's an atta...

In GEAR » Can I just stuff my shelter in? And…line length ?
August 10, 4:14pm

Revisiting and a food hanging cordage comment
This was such a fun series that I come back and read/watch it every few months. Someone asked: "So you do not like Spectra cord or the cord and rock sack used in the video from Mountain L...

In Editor's Roundtable » The SUL Wanderer (Video Series) - Episode 2: Food & Water
August 09, 10:53pm

Re: Re: Specifics please
I don't see any need for a hood if you only do trips down to freezing. Just a warm hat would be fine. My hat for down to freezing is just a thin fleece cap. I do winter trips much colder tha...

In GEAR » Hooded vs. hoodless puffies
August 09, 7:24pm

Re: Winter boot fans, start drooling now...
Not bad for maybe down to around 0F I'm guessing. A VBL sock would be required. It would really help if they supplied more details about the liner, such as thickness, insulation weight, and ...

In GEAR » Winter boot fans, start drooling now...
August 08, 11:56am

Re: Beber has Anti-Ursid Properties
Do I look like a Justin Beber fan?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Beber has Anti-Ursid Properties
August 08, 11:32am

Bear repellent sounds
A pack of barking dogs

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Beber has Anti-Ursid Properties
August 07, 11:06am

Re: Time to panic
That's what you get for carrying water around instead of just drinking straight from the source! ;-)

In GEAR » Time to panic
August 03, 10:31pm

Frozen fingers
"Worst time for me is the morning packing up - I'm still trying to figure out how to keep my fingers warm." Wool liner gloves with the thumb and forefinger tip cut off so that you ...

In GEAR » Winter Camping questions: Long sleeping bags, wet gear, overboots and light weight trail runners
August 03, 10:19pm

All Reader Reviews by Andy F

Andy F has posted no reviews.