Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Aaron Benson (AaronMB) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Central Valley California
About Me English Grad' student who loves the outdoors.

Getting lighter!
CityVisalia
StateCA
My PDF Gear ListAaron's Warm(er) Season Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Aaron Benson

Showing 151 - 160 of 305 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...31

Forum » Thread

WTB: PataG' Nano Puff Pullover - Womens XS
Never mind.

In Gear Swap » WTB: PataG' Nano Puff Pullover - Womens XS
June 08, 9:50am

Re: Re: Tarp shelter for less money and less weight?
I found myself at the 'Mart a few weeks ago and curiosity got the best of me... Stitching and material is good; grommets are the weak point, it seems. (My first time pitching a 'tarp&...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Backpacking, Wal-Mart Style
June 08, 7:41am

Re: MLD Supermid packed size?
This thread motivated a few different ideas for me: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=17864

In GEAR » MLD Supermid packed size?
June 07, 1:52pm

Re: Bics
Certainly everyone has their own experiences and opinions--informed by those same personal experiences--and I guess I'm just lucky I've not had any of these problems, (save, perhaps, the $1...

In GEAR » The over use of lighters
June 07, 10:22am

Re: Seems to be the case everywhere.
It is rather sad. California voters recently said 'No' to an additional $12 "DMV fee" that would have [supposedly] went to the state parks. I understand that the majority (blah...

In Chaff » Depressing article about state Parks
June 07, 8:37am

Re: Base weight down, need pack suggestions
My quick $.02 - definitely check out the Gear Swap for lightly used packs. I got a Jam2 for $75 bucks and really like it. It'll fit a BearVault 450 (and probably the BV500?) without problem.

In GEAR » Base weight down, need pack suggestions
June 07, 8:22am

Re: Re: Best insulation for cozies
I'll second Sarah's suggestion for Insulbright. She recommended it several months ago in a post here when a similar question came up; it's like a fleeced mylar and it works really well....

In Make Your Own Gear » Best insulation for cozies
June 06, 4:31pm

Re: +1 On Roberts Post
Right, Steven. I got one here for $15.00.

In GEAR » seeking budget bug bivy
June 06, 4:11pm

Re: New SteriPEN Freedom & 1L Bottles....what to do?
If you use the bottles on the trail and hang the platy in camp (ie: not in your pack), you could chop the top off the platy (which means it can then double as a water scoop for shallow-water areas)...

In GEAR » New SteriPEN Freedom & 1L Bottles....what to do?
June 05, 11:21am

Re: Bad reviews for SteriPen Journey
My new SP Journey seems OK, though per reviews, they do seem to be hit or miss. They are finicky and require a patient touch. I got mine from REI just in case it needs to go back... Richard, the...

In GEAR » Steripen users advise
June 05, 10:32am

All Reader Reviews by Aaron Benson

Aaron Benson has posted no reviews.