BPL Community Profile

Henry Shires (07100) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Henry Shires hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me President
Tarptent, Inc.
CityNevada City
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.tarptent.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Henry Shires

Showing 151 - 160 of 374 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...38

Forum » Thread

Re: Contrail rear center strut?
Here's a photo taken this afternoon of a Contrail with an 18" carbon fiber strut in a sleeve and a 30" guyline. Weight of the assembly is 0.6 ounces and it does add quite a bit of sta...

In GEAR » Contrail rear center strut?
September 17, 6:33pm

Re: Cottage This Cottage That
>Seriously get over it and move the EF on. Tarptent.com is one of the worst websites I've seen online. With a great product and that crappy company image they have there's no good reason...

In GEAR » BPL reviews etc.
May 03, 5:36pm

Re: Sublite Comparison
> Comparing the new Sublite with Moment, do you have any comments on the comparable ventilation. I don't have any comparison data. Both shelters vent along the sides, ends, and apex. The...

In GEAR » 2010 Sublite Sil ???
May 03, 11:02am

Re: functional differences between 2010 Sublite Sil and Moment?
> what are the main functional differences between the Sublite Sil 2010 and the Moment, in terms of wind stability, size of vestibules, usable internal space, etc.? wind stability: hard to qu...

May 02, 3:26pm

Re: 2010 Sublite
No plans for the tyvek version. It is what is is: simple, inexpensive, and suited for a narrower range of use than the Sil version.

May 02, 1:27pm

Re: Re: 2010 Sublite Sil
> On your website, one of the photos shows two yellow guy lines inside the Tarptent at the head end. Are those for tightening the head-side guyouts from inside the shelter? If so, that's abs...

May 02, 9:40am

Ventilation/Condensation
>All tarptents need a continuous current of air -- and if you block the circulation to any significant degree just because you feel cold -- then you may well be asking for condensation problems....

In GEAR » Tarptent Scarp 1 vs Big Agnes Fly Creek UL1 warmth
April 26, 11:43am

Re: headroom
Yes, the Scarp 2 fly update will be shipping next month. -H

April 26, 9:03am

Re: The Cold Face
> Wouldn't the UL2 be around the same size as the DR at least at the top of the tent? The UL2 has substantially less headroom and volume (and floor space) than a DR. -H

April 26, 8:54am

2010 Sublite Sil
>Will you also offer a mirror image version with the door on the left side? No, sorry. Too scrambled just trying to do one version of anything.

April 22, 6:02pm

All Reader Reviews by Henry Shires

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
I have never done this before but in this case I feel that we need to respond publicly to Demetri's complaint. Here is a copy of the letter we sent him today and a link to photos of the destroyed...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 11, 3:54pm